It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Caesar's Messiah Documentary DVD. Set for a spring 2012 release.

Joseph Atwill's Blog

You'll see a short 4 second clip of Achayra at 1:35:

Caesar's Messiah Documentary Trailer

"This is the trailer for the documentary based on the best-selling religious studies book "Caesar's Messiah" by Joseph Atwill. The documentary shows that Jesus is not a historical figure, the events of Jesus' life were based on a Roman military campaign, his supposed second coming refers to an event that already occurred, the teachings of Christ came from the ancient pagan mystery schools, and the Gospels were written by a family of Caesars and their supporters who left us documents to prove it."

The Mythicist Position
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Note that I do not endorse the overall thesis of the Flavians, although I do concur with Atwill that Christ is a fictional character. At least he's cracking open that door.

Joe's got some good points about the cultic views of this very powerful group at the end of the first century, but he's got the timeline wrong, which I told him. He's assuming that the Testimonium Flavianum is real, for example, and that Josephus was in on the scam of Christianity.

In my viewpoint, which I express in the various chapters addressing the influence of Egypt, specifically Alexandria, on the Christian effort - i.e., "Alexandria: Crucible of Christianity" in Christ Con, "The Mysterious Brotherhood" in Suns of God and "The Alexandrian Roots of Christianity" in Christ in Egypt - the Emperor Vespasian and his son Titus were engaged in creating a new religious movement that merged Paganism and Judaism. So, we agree that these figures were involved in the creation of "Christianity," which I maintain was fabricated just for that purposed of unifying these two major factions of the Roman Empire. As we know, Josephus was involved with these individuals as well, so he could have contributed to the effort in some way, but it is not his writing in the New Testament, although Luke apparently used Jos.'s work to flesh out his gospel.

The canonical gospels as we have them do not show up until the end of the second century, and all evidence indicates they were created at that point. Hence, Josephus could not have had anything to do with them, other than having his writings used by their composers decades after his death. Josephus was, however, instrumental in creating the legend of Vespasian, so he contributed in that regard to the early "Christian" effort. (These figures were most likely called "ChrEstians," based not on a "historical Christ" but on the divine epithet of the Good God. More on this fascinating subject will be forthcoming in my Christ Con revision.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

The documentary was officially released on September 28, 2012. Here's the synopsis.

Atwill on Youtube: Caesar's Messiah Network-CMN

Joseph Atwill: Bart Ehrman’s scholarship can be demonstrated to be incorrect and I am challenging him to a public debate.

Village Voice: Caesar's Messiah: Rome Invented Jesus, New Doc Claims

There are some significant problems with Atwill's claims and Acharya S explained those to Atwill, however, it didn't get included in the DVD. Atwill sent Acharya a separate DVD of their interview entitled, "A Conversation on the Caesar's Messiah Thesis" (1 hour 8 minutes).

Dr. Robert Price has outlined some of the problems:

Caesar’s Messiah Reviewed by Robert M. Price

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

There are a few news items about this documentary, and it's already up on Netflix - in fact, it's gotten 31 reviews already. I'm guessing the producers used a publicity agency.

It should be noted that there's a companion DVD of Atwill and me having a discussion. That would be better to have then the film, in my opinion, since I do not concur with the thesis much beyond the fact that Jesus is a mythical figure.

LA Weekly article

OC Weekly

The Herald Online

The Sacramento Bee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 am 
Persephone

Hi D.M. Murdock -- I've been commenting on gnosticmedia and I just mentioned to Jan Irvin how you have praised him helping you out with that German translation of an early Christian text as the English translation omits the Egyptian origins of Christianity. I mentioned it to Jan in the context of his new Atwill podcast about Atwill's Caesar's Messiah book. So I then stated that I had read of critique of Atwill -- by either you or someone who supports your work -- and the critique seemed to really dismiss Atwill's argument. I asked people to respond to this critique as I didn't think Atwill was worth taking the time to consider. Jan, of course, got upset about this. haha. I then discovered it was Robert Price's critique of Atwill and so then I quoted a couple lines from Robert Price. Jan then said I was committing some logical error -- I think he didn't realize I was quoting Price. Anyway so since no one wanted to respond to Robert Price's review I then searched online and I found someone doing a paragraph by paragraph rebuttal of Robert Price's review of Atwill. I also found a long thread with people debating Atwill's book -- some of the "Christian apologists."

O.K. so I'm just curious if you have read Atwill's book or even Robert Price's review of Atwill's book? In the thread I read one of the main objections was that Atwill is saying Christianity didn't exist before Josephus around 70 A.D. Atwill thinks there was a "historical" Jesus but of another name -- a man who led a revolt against the Romans. But Atwill argues that the Jesus story is otherwise a fable that is revealed as a satire by Josephus -- I figure you are already familiar with Atwill's argument that the Roman campaign through Judea is then the real basis for the Gospel story. So then it's a sneaky "bait and switch" to get Jews to worship Caesar.

Now to be honest I'm kind of shocked that Jan is so gung ho on Atwill because it seems to dismiss the Egyptian origins of Christianity, not to mention all the other astrotheological influences. So then I read in the critique of Robert Price's review of Atwill that Robert Price secretly admires the wisdom teachings of the Gospel and so Price refuses to consider the Gospel as really just a cunning satire with entirely materialistic motives. In other words Robert Price is still a latent Christian based on a more gnostic view point - or something like that. So it seems like Atwill's book is kind of a "call to arms" against any final spiritual tendencies in people who were formerly official Christians, etc. I can sympathesize with this attempt to wake people up to the "hard facts" of the cruel materialist strategies and also the need to cast off any belief system at all. Personally I see no reason to believe in anything but I think that logical inference of the source of the I-thought enables spirituality to still exist.

Considering how much Jan promotes the Trivium teachings with all sorts of logical arguments I haven't noticed Jan's use of logical inference in the argument about religion and the relationship to consciousness. I know Jan attacks quantum physics being used for consciousness arguments but I think some respectable scientists like Dr. Mae-Wan Ho give credence to this view. I agree that quantum physics is greatly misused in the New Age community but I think it's equally bizarre to dismiss quantum physics as a whole, considering quantum physics is now the foundation of science, not classical physics.

Anyway I was kind of surprised to find no mention of Atwill in this forum search results considering the similarities with your own research. Have you written a review of Caesar's Messiah? I know you've probably been too busy continuing your own research. On the other hand it seems like you would be especially qualified to comment on Atwill's argument. I personally think your take on the Egyptian origins of Christianity to be the most logical and I'm not sure that Atwill's argument really gets at the "origins" of Christianity. I think that even if Atwill is correct this doesn't preclude a deeper astrotheological origin of Christianity.

But Robert Price is really scathing in his review of Atwill -- I would think you've read it. Atwill and Price did debate but it's no longer online I think. http://www.infidelguy.com/modules.php?n ... m&item=403 Oh wait it's just not free.

Of course you have emphasized that Josephus' mention of Christianity is a later interpolation. So maybe you could at least address Atwill's argument that this is not true. Another bone of contention is the letters of Paul potentially predating the origin of Christianity by Josephus. http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/top ... IC_ID=6883 Here's another discussion of Atwill.

Quote:
What little he does say about Jesus (he was born, was crucified and was raised up) has been interpreted by some (Doherty, The Jesus Puzzle) as happening in the spiritual realm which would be consistent with other spiritual beliefs about savior gods at that time (Mythris for example). He never lived on our physical earth, but in a less corrupt level of heaven

Here's my Hypotheses Of The Day: The Flavians took the idea of Jesus from Paul and brought him "down to earth" so to speak. This would allow both the early date of Pauls letters and the later date of the Flavian's gospels.

So the thing is that Robert Price doesn't even grant this possibility -- Price basically says there's so many holes in Atwill's argument that Atwill is just logically incorrect -- essentially the correlation versus causality argument. I think Price is correct. This assumes by Price that the letters of Paul are later as you have also stated.

Quote:
Atwill seems to me to make the same mistake as fundies are. Viewing the gospels as the same thing that the one we can read nowadays.
He omits that they were, in reality, a large number of contradicting gospels. The four ones we now have were selected hundred of years after the facts on unknown basis (but at least partly because they were the most widely distributed in the region of Constantinople).

So, either all Gospels were written as part of the same conspiracy (not credible considering how widely they differ) or the conspiracy was still active at the time of the council of Nycaea, in the 4th century, which would not be credible either in my opinion.

Yeah I mean I think this is a common sense refutation of Atwill but according to Jan unless I actually read Atwill's book then I'm putting -- what does he say: "logic before rhetoric." haha. I guess I do think logical inference is more powerful then making decisions based on the evidence of the five senses.

Quote:
Atwill argues that the contradictions in the different gospels are intentional and are meant to show that the Jesuses that are born at different times and so forth in the different gospels are intended to be different people.

I mean seriously -- how can people even take the logic of this seriously? haha. So then it's argued that because something in Josephus doesn't make sense unless it is considered to be a satire on the gospels then this proves that Josephus created the gospels. This is along with many more minutiae in Josephus that can be read as a "decoder ring" proving he wrote the Gospels. Again I think Robert Price is correct that it would be easy to read into a text written at a similar time to the Gospels -- that there's bound to be lots of parallels. But then Atwill says he has statistics of some 240 million to 1 or something -- but this just depends on lining up the supposed correspondences and then doing the math.

I just find it ironic that people who supposedly favor logic so highly can take Atwill so seriously when Robert Price's review says Atwill is logically absurd. http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm

Quote:
Atwill gives himself license to indulge in the most outrageous display of “parallelomania” ever seen. He connects widely separated dots and collects sets of incredibly far-fetched verbal correspondences, from gospel to gospel and between the gospels and Josephus, then uses them to create ostensible parallel accounts. Then he declares himself justified in borrowing names, themes, and intended references from one “parallel” account and reading them into the other, thus supplying “missing” features. Triumphantly, Atwill defies the reader to call it all coincidence, working out the math to show such correspondences could never be the product of chance. Well, of course they are not. They are the product of his own arbitrary gematria in the first place.

Is this what you think also D.M. Murdock? Or...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 am 
Site Admin

drew hempel wrote:
"I just mentioned to Jan Irvin how you have praised him helping you out with that German translation of an early Christian text as the English translation omits the Egyptian origins of Christianity."

Where did you get that? I recall Jan sent her an e-mail of a German quote about the Kikellia or Sokar festival of Osiris but, that had nothing to do with translating anything. Acharya doesn't need Jan's help with languages.

drew hempel wrote:
rebuttal of Robert Price's review of Atwill

Where's the link for that?

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:16 am 

Oh boy, from what little I've seen about Atwill's theory I can tell that the Josephus (TF) part pretty much levels the foundation. So he has to argue - on the level of an historical apologist - to try and keep the TF viewed as authentic when it's bloody obvious that it's a forgery? That's not good.

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Acharya's new Blog: A conversation on the Caesar's Messiah thesis

Quote:
Synopsis:

"Acharya S / D.M. Murdock interviews Joseph Atwill regarding his "Caesar's Messiah" Thesis, which concludes that Jesus is not a historical figure, that the Gospels are literature, and that the fictional character Jesus is modeled on a Roman Caesar Titus Flavius. They discuss why this "savior god" myth needed to be anchored in history in contrast to earlier similar myths."

- Amazon A conversation on the Caesar's Messiah thesis

Quote:
"Is Jesus a fictional allegory created by the most powerful families in the 1st Century as a device for political control?

Could the title of "Christ" actually apply to a Roman Caesar?

In this informal discussion, Acharya S / D.M. Murdock and Joseph Atwill offer their perspectives on Atwill's provocative "Caesar's Messiah" Thesis, which concludes that Jesus is not a historical figure, that the Gospels are literature not history, and that the ministry of the fictional character Jesus is modeled on the military campaign of Roman Caesar Titus Flavius as he battled against the Jewish revolt in Judea.

The two scholars discuss why this "savior god" myth needed to be anchored in history in contrast to earlier similar myths that were not. The purpose was to create the ultimate Super State with the authority to represent God on Earth."

- A conversation on the Caesar's Messiah thesis

A Conversation on the Caesar's Messiah Thesis - Acharya S & Joe Atwill - excerpt

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Justin Martyr, The First Apology, XXI (around 150 CE):

"And when we say also that the Word, who is the first-birth of God, was produced without sexual union, and that He, Jesus Christ, our Teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propound nothing different from what you believe regarding those whom you esteem sons of Jupiter. For you know how many sons your esteemed writers ascribed to Jupiter: Mercury, the interpreting word and teacher of all; Æsculapius, who, though he was a great physician, was struck by a thunderbolt, and so ascended to heaven; and Bacchus too, after he had been torn limb from limb; and Hercules, when he had committed himself to the flames to escape his toils; and the sons of Leda, and Dioscuri; and Perseus, son of Danae; and Bellerophon, who, though sprung from mortals, rose to heaven on the horse Pegasus. For what shall I say of Ariadne, and those who, like her, have been declared to be set among the stars? And what of the emperors who die among yourselves, whom you deem worthy of deification, and in whose behalf you produce some one who swears he has seen the burning Cæsar rise to heaven from the funeral pyre?"

Here's an image of the list of evidence between Jesus and Caesar

Quote:
"You can also add "known date of resurrection - yes", to that list, as Caesar was believed to have resurrected and ascended to heaven on the day of his funeral as his body was cremated. This resurrection is depicted on coins minted that same year, it shows Nike snatching his body out of the flames of the cremation pyre and carrying it up to heaven. And this is another parallel Justin Martyr acknowledges."

"These are Buca denarius from 44 B.C., and this particular resurrection depicts Nike directing Selene to awaken Caesar from the "sleep" of death with her kiss as she did with Endymion. You can see Caesar is laying upon the flames of the pyre."
- Vishnu

So, to reiterate, here in Caesar we have a pre-Christian motif of a divine birth, son of god, savior, bringing the "good news" (evangelia), who was murdered, resurrected and ascended into heaven to be with the gods.

- Of Caesars, Plato and Divine Births

Jesus loves his Christ in Egypt book

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Drew -

Re Jan and the German edition of the Epiphanius quote, yes, I did acknowledge that he had steered me to it. FTL, I don't think anyone's saying that Jan helped me with the translation. Once I had obtained the German edition, I had to spend quite a bit of time finding it in the difficult Greek. That story is in Christ in Egypt.

As I have discussed above, I have read Atwill's book - I appear in the documentary discussing it. See my blog post below, which essentially refutes the theory, other than we concur that Jesus is a fictional character:

A conversation about Caesar's Messiah

In this article, I have included a short but succinct section:

Which 'Caesar's Messiah?'

In this quest to unravel Christian origins, the evidence leads us to factor in the biographical details of many individuals, both historical and mythical. This compilation includes not just one emperor/caesar but several, such as Julius Caesar (100-44 BCE) and Caesar Augustus (63 BCE-14 AD/CE), both of whom were likewise considered to be saviors or "messiahs," the Greek epithet being soter. Many other historical figures such as Ptolemy Soter bore this epithet of "savior" or "messiah," and many gods were likewise called "Savior," such as Dionysus and Serapis. Their "biographical" details must also be included in this analysis, as must be those of Horus, Mithra, Attis, Buddha and numerous other figures, not a few of whom resolve themselves to sun gods.

Decades earlier than the time of emperor Titus, some of the "biographical" details attached to the story of Jesus were circulating about the previous emperors Julius and Augustus Caesar. For example, it was said of both Julius and Augustus that their father was the Greek sun god Apollo, thus giving them a divine birth. The very notion of a caesar implies divinity, as he would be given the Latin epithet divus, a word meaning "divine" or "deified" and "god" or "goddess," "often as epithet for dead and deified emperors." As Dr. J. Dominic Crossan remarks:

"On every coin you have inscriptions of Caesar as divine. In the ancient world, being divine was a job description, meaning somebody who does something very important for the human race."

The mythology surrounding the caesars included their resurrection from death and ascension into heaven, events recorded on the coins of Julius Caesar the year he died, 44 BCE. The coins below depict the goddess Nike or "Victory" instructing the lunar goddess Selene to wake Caesar from his death slumber.

Following is the so-called Priene inscription from announcements of the calendar change based on the birth of Caesar Augustus in 63 BCE, "found on marble stelae in all the Asian temples dedicated to Rome and Augustus":

"Whereas Providence...has...adorned our lives with the highest good: Augustus...and has in her beneficence granted us and those who will come after us [a Savior] who has made war to cease and who shall put everything in [peaceful] order...with the result that the birthday of our God signalled the beginning of Good News for the world because of him... therefore..."

The original Greek here for "Good News" is evangelia, the same term used in the New Testament to describe the "gospel" of Jesus Christ.

The caesar was thus considered the divine "son of God" and "Savior," whose birth brings the "good news" (evangelia), the same name used in the New Testament to describe Jesus's "gospel." Caesar is murdered, resurrects and ascends to heaven - all decades before Jesus supposedly lived and before Titus became emperor.

Adding to these various biographical details of pagan deities and emperors the numerous "messianic prophecies" of the Old Testament used as an outline or "blueprint," we can account for the creation of the savior/gospel tale, which was expanded upon and worked over by the Gnostics and then Judaized/historicized at the end of the second century.

The bottom line is that a fairly small percentage, if any, of the Titus biography was used in the creation of the gospel story and that the Flavians, including Josephus, did not compose the canonical gospels as we have them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:41 am 
Persephone

Thks! Regarding Jan "steering" you to a text and then Jan now emphatically promoting Atwill despite the blatant logical problems with Atwill's argument -- I recently discovered Jan using a fake quote he cited as Albert Pike "proclaiming" a crucial foundation to Jan's trivium study. I had to do some digging to figure out why Jan would create a fake quote about Albert Pike -- it probably was just "wishful" or "imaginative" thinking on Jan's part. I have the details here on Jan's fake Albert Pike quote here http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/201 ... ivium.html

Anyway I really appreciate you giving more attention to Atwill's erroneous claims. I listened to Atwill debating Robert Price and I was amazed to find people (on Jan's website) thinking Price wasn't making sense. I quoted your previous response on Jan's website. I found Robert Price's critique of Atwill to make complete sense. It is ironic to me that Jan emphasizes the Trivium study materials but seems to easily agree with faulty logic. If you read my expose of Jan's fake Albert Pike quote you can find my deeper analysis of the wrong logical foundation Jan is relying on for his studies. This does get into the application of logical inference for philosophy instead of just relying on the "five senses" as Jan relies on. Considering Jan's assumptions about consciousness I can understand why he is now so strongly promoting Atwill despite the blatant evidence disproving Atwill.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm 
Thor

What do you guys make of this: Saturday - The Middle Chamber with Frater X. This weeks special guest was Joseph Atwill, author of Caesars Messiah
After 1h 34min the issue of astrotheology is addressed and Atwill says: "As it's applied to Christianity it's really pretty much a non-starter" and "I'm afraid the people that want to promote these theories are just going to have to stand aside"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

First of all, the context going into that 94 minute mark should be taken into account. I don't feel like Joe Atwill was intentionally disparaging astrotheology or Acharya or any of us. I just don't think astrotheology is a focus of Atwill's so, he should not to be expected to be an expert on it.

At around 95 minutes Atwill implies that there exists no astrotheology in the bible. Atwill agrees that Jesus' birthday is astrotheological but claims it came long afterward and is therefore, irrelevant. The problem is nothing he said regarding astrotheology is accurate, but again, he's not an expert on astrotheology nor is he pretending he is.

The Gospel of John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

From the summer solstice toward winter solstice the sun could be said to "decrease" in strength ending on the "darkest day of the year," while from the winter solstice to the summer solstice ending on the longest day of the year it would be increasing in strength. Both Jesus and John are personifications of the SUN.

John the Baptist and Jesus' Birthdays

Richard Dawkins on Zeitgeist, Part 1 and the Dec 25th issue

http://dec25th.info

Was John the Baptist an Egyptian myth?

This point on John 3:30 was brought up in Acharya's books 'The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold' (99) pages 177-8 and 346; 'Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled' on pages 459/460 and 'Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection' pages 82, 113, 240.

Pranique wrote:
What do you guys make of this: Saturday - The Middle Chamber with Frater X. This weeks special guest was Joseph Atwill, author of Caesars Messiah
After 1h 34min the issue of astrotheology is addressed and Atwill says: "As it's applied to Christianity it's really pretty much a non-starter" and "I'm afraid the people that want to promote these theories are just going to have to stand aside"

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:48 am 

Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
Atwill agrees that Jesus' birthday is astrotheological but claims it came long afterward and is therefore, irrelevant.

How much later? Because the Magi following the star to the child is at least as early as the gospel of Matthew. Magi from the east engaging in star-gazing, as many a scholar will tell you, implies that they were Babylonian astrologers.

Seems the author of the gospel is trying to drop some hints.

Moreover, through Irenaeus the belief that Christ's "birthday" was in December can be traced (allegedly) as far back as Simon Magus and his cult, who were contemporaries with the apostles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

On the Ignorance of Ancient Mythology

So, I asked Joe about these remarks, definitely expressing my dismay at them. His response was to apologize for any misunderstanding and restate that he does indeed respect my work. (From what I'm reading here, however, it sounds as if he doesn't know it very well.)

Following is my reply to him.

Quote:
Hi Joe -

Thanks for your response. I am always willing to overlook perceived slights, so no harm, no foul. One should be aware that my detractors are quick to jump on me, often taking things out of context, and my specialty in the astrotheological origins of religion is an especially favorite target, because so many people are utterly ignorant of the history of religion dating back thousands of years.

In the meantime, I continue to bring forth some very fascinating information in this regard, such as the comparisons between Mesoamerican religion/mythology and Christianity:

http://freethoughtnation.com/forums/vie ... 974#p26974

Case in point, the Mesoamerican god Quetzalcoatl was depicted as the following, published in a scholarly journal:

Quote:
Quetzalcoatl was the Creator, that he was born of a virgin... that he was white and bearded, that he came from heaven... that he raised the dead, and that he promised to return....

...Those parts [of Christianity] that fit the native traditions are these: a deity playing a role in the creation, "raising the sky"; a deity associated with the bread of life (a correspondence to maize); a deity assisting the dead; a deity shedding blood to save mankind; a deity dying on a tree (the Maize God's head hung in a tree); a deity resurrecting and being responsible for the rebirth of the deceased; and a personage of light who is associated with the sun.

Notice the part about Quetzalcoatl and the SUN, and how this solar motif is associated here by this scholar, Diane Wirth, with JESUS. The presence of these numerous "Christian" "biographical details" in the pre-Columbian Mesoamerican culture has everything to do with solar mythology and astrotheology, and nothing to do with Josephus and the Flavians.

Hence, as I've stated previously, we will need to remove all mythical motifs and midrash from the New Testament and see what is left over. At that point, we would need to take the GREEK texts side by side to see if there is any similarity between Josephus and the NT, as in the work on the Emmaus narrative by Goldberg:

http://www.josephus.org/LUKECH.html

The NT, I continue to contend based on the forensic evidence, was composed decades after Josephus, and parts of it (as in Luke-Acts) replicated his earlier work. We would also need to examine the passages about Vespasian and Titus in other Greek and Latin texts such as Tacitus and Suetonius, to see if any of the original language resembles that found in the NT. So, that is where we stand with this piece of the puzzle, as far as I am concerned.

As concerns disparaging remarks, we simply need to be aware that, since we are not in agreement on several points, my detractors will be VERY quick to jump on anything you say about my work or astrotheology in general. The lack of knowledge among mythicists about this subject of the mythological origins of Christian tradition is really becoming noticeable and is quite unfortunate, as such studies represents the real solution to this problem of Christian origins.

Cheers. (And a big "Hi!" to your lovely wife and rest of your family.)

Acharya

If one has read The Christ Conspiracy alone, one will see the lists of numerous elements from the New Testament in the myths of other gods and goddesses from around the Roman Empire and beyond at that time. (Some of the attributes in my lists may be inaccurate; hence my coming revision, but I have demonstrated the bulk of them in my subsequent works.)

In addition to these lists in the "Characters" chapter of Christ Con, throughout the book are analyses of numerous other elements of the Christ myth, including in the chapter "Other Elements and Symbols of the Christian Myth." When one removes all these mythical motifs from previous deities - as well as OTHER CAESARS - along with the midrashic "messianic blueprints," there is not much left over that could have been based on a historical figure, whether Vespasian, Titus or any other. As I have stated previously, in order to accept this CM thesis, I would need to remove about 90% of the knowledge of religious and Christian origins from my mental "database." That removal would make one very IGNORANT, n'est-ce pas?

The lack of knowledge of the solar-mythological and astrotheological origins of much of the Christian myth is simply a sign of ignorance, therefore, which is what "lack of knowledge" signifies.