• April 19, 2024

The Maya and the Milky Way

If you enjoy comparative religion and Maya mythology, you will want to listen to my radio program with Miguel Conner, as we discuss the most fascinating information you will not hear elsewhere!

Here’s Miguel’s write-up:

Groundbreaking scholarship continues to reveal the sublime legacy of the Mayan and other Mesoamerican cultures. Beyond the misunderstandings and sensationalism, evidence points to an advanced people who honored their place in the vast cosmos. We take a comprehensive journey into the Mayan, Aztec, Inca and other civilizations, unraveling many of their spiritual mysteries; as well as their origins and eventual doom at the hands of religions that eerily paralleled theirs.

Miguel’s introduction usually lasts about 15 minutes, but you can skip ahead, if you wish.

Further Reading

Why do the Maya believe Christ is the sun?
Oldest Maya solar observatory and parallels between Old and New World cultures
Maya watchtowers discovered to align with solstices and equinoxes
Quetzalcoatl, the Maya Maize God, and Jesus Christ
World Tree as Milky Way growing out of the back of a turtle
Adventures in Mayaland, December 2012

3 thoughts on “The Maya and the Milky Way

1. I took a class on comparative religions in college. Started with over one hundred students; ended up with only eight finishing the course. Surprised how many students didn’t really know their religion, although they can spout a lot of Biblical quotes.

Free download of my book: Man’s Search for Spirituality by E Christopher Reyes.

One of the few histories of Christianity.

Comments are closed.