It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

It's an utter disgrace that the idiot politicians in Australia have chased Wilders out of the country, while allowing these fanatical sleazebags to spread their venomous cult.

You know these politicos have been bought off. What else is new. I'm just so disgusted at the stupidity and corruption of the world. These fools are pandering to the lowest mentality in human history, full of inbreds and completely contrary to human civilization.

Massive inbreeding in Islam: 50% of world's Muslims are inbred
http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-problem-of- ... -in-islam/

Robert Tulip wrote:
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/if_wilders_is_wrong_explain_this_conference/

"Peace Conference and Exhibition” being organised in Melbourne in March, organised by the Islamic Information Services Network of Australasia and Islamic Research and Educational Academy, backed by the Islamic Council of Victoria and a range of other Muslim groups, mosques and communities.

With such wide backing, and so many prominent speakers, it would be fair to say it represents Muslim thought today in Australia and the world. And when you check precisely what a number of the speakers have said, you come up with a picture of Islam remarkably similar to the one Geert Wilders is trying to warn against.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
U.N. told atheists face discrimination around globe

GENEVA | Tue Feb 26, 2013

"(Reuters) - Atheists, humanists and freethinkers face widespread discrimination around the world with expression of their views criminalized and subject in some countries to capital punishment, the United Nations was told on Monday.

In a document for consideration by the world body's Human Rights Council, a global organization linking people who reject religion said atheism was banned by law in a number of states where people were forced to officially adopt a faith.

"Extensive discrimination by governments against atheists, humanists and the non-religious occurs worldwide," declared the grouping, the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU) which has some 120 member bodies in 45 countries.

In Afghanistan, Iran, Maldives, Mauritania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Sudan "atheists can face the death penalty on the grounds of their belief" although this was in violation of U.N. human rights accords, the IHEU said.

Further, in several others legal measures "effectively criminalize atheism (and) the expression and manifestation of atheist beliefs" or lead to systematic discrimination against freethinkers, the document declared.

It was submitted to the rights council as it opened its annual Spring session against a background of new efforts in the U.N. by Muslim countries to obtain a world ban on denigration of religion, especially what they call "Islamophobia".

Three of the states with legislation providing for death for blasphemy against Islam, a charge which can be applied to atheists who publicly reveal their ideas, are on the council - Pakistan, Mauritania and Maldives.

Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told the council on Monday there was a "rising trend" of Islamophobia, adding: "We condemn all sorts of incitement to hatred and religious discrimination against Muslims and people of other faiths."

OIC WANTS ACTION

And earlier this month a top official of the 57-nation Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) said the body would be focusing on getting agreement on criminalizing denigration of religion in coming talks with Western countries.

In November last year, the head of the 21-country Arab League told the U.N. Security Council in New York his organisation wanted a binding international framework to ensure "that religious faith and its symbols are respected".

The IHEU, and other non-governmental rights groupings, argue that many Muslim governments use this terminology and the concept of "religious blasphemy" within their own countries to cow both atheists and followers of other religions.

A number of these governments "prosecute people who express their religious doubt or dissent, regardless of whether those dissenters identify as atheist", the IHEU document submitted to the rights council said.

Islamic countries - including Bangladesh, Bahrain, Egypt, Indonesia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Turkey - had also stepped up prosecution of "blasphemous" expression of criticism of religion in social media like Facebook and Twitter.

OIC countries have 15 seats on the council, all from Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and make up just less than one third of the rights body."

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am 
Thor

While I have no brief for Islam I find it difficult to view the currently popular western view of it, the redneck view of it, as being descriptive.

I mean, yes, the middle eastern Islamic nations, NOT all of Islam, does in fact treat women as they were treated in the West a century ago. No legs showing, head covered, strict obedience to their fathers or husbands, and either chaste, pregnant or nursing. Yes, they are a century behind the West but don't expect me to get excited over that. And as to the one non-Muslim state in the middle east, Israel, 65% of the children are being raised to the same middle eastern Muslim standards regarding women. (65% of the children in schools in Israel are from Orthodox families.)

As for the Koran view of women and its teachings it is milder than Judaism. In a time when female children had no inheritance rights as per the Torah, the Koran dictated half that of males. Christianity was and still is the same as the Torah.

I could go on but showing the Koran milder than Judaism and better than Christianity would sound like apologizing for Islam. Rather it is telling religion to EF OFF is what has modernized Christianity and western Judaism. Secularism, Church and Synagogue only on your Sabbath of choice, is what has lead to a western view of superiority over Islam.

Stated more simply, secularism is a century behind in the middle east among Muslims and the majority of Jews.

Why middle east only? Pakistan is a Muslim country. Look up Prime Minister Bhutto, a woman. There is also Bangladesh. The most populace Muslim nation in the world is Indonesia. Ten years ago I did the exercise of going through my computer and confirming most of the parts were made there. Yes, you do find some pretty weird crap there but note the geography and see it is in the less than civilized parts as the same kind of crap is found in northern Pakistan for the same reason.

If you like specifics, Lebanon still has some honor killings but no theocratic laws. Neither does Egypt or Jordan or Syria. Nor do we find the real police winking at religious police enforcing the religion but we do in occupied Palestine although it is the jewish religion being enforced on non-Jews.

Iraq was the most western of them all until Bush smashed Hussein and set the country back nearly a century.

Yes we do have Saudi with religious police but based upon a history going back to early last century. Google it if interested. Bottom line, there would be no Saudi Arabia were it not for an alliance between the Saud family and the Wahabis. Again a secular Saudi could change it all.

And of course one can revile female genital mutilation until the cows come home and ignore it only occurs in a few north African Muslim countries and is only there associated with Islam. One can also note circumcision is male genital mutilation which is a disgusting religious origin habit that exists in the US, and Islam and among Jews. Once can also note the removal of the clitoris is the extreme form of female genital mutilation that is rare even in North Africa except in US Hollywood productions.

Yes MALE genital mutilation should be illegal in the US as it is in every civilized country. The mutilation of infants, any kind of mutilation regardless of sex, should be illegal as it is in every civilized country. No sanctimonious country nor the rednecks thereof should be able to condemn female genital mutilation while condoning, approving or even practicing male genital mutilation.

And yes, I am aware Islam practices male genital mutilation. As I said, I have no brief for Islam.

The whole male genital mutilation thing as the custom of 2.5 billion people around the world began with whoever wrote the story of Abraham. Islam copies Judaism. Also the story of Mohamed taking a 9 year old as a wife is copy of Abraham doing the same thing with a wife of the same age.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Look up Prime Minister Bhutto, a woman.

Who was blown to smithereens by Muslim fundamentalists.

Nitpicking aside, there really is nothing redeemable about Islam, and defenses of it frankly both bore me to tears and threaten my gender and freedoms.

As Dawkins states, Islam is one of great evils in the world, period.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 am 
Thor

Yes, PM Bhutto was killed by a crazy fundie as was JFK. She was elected by a majority which does in fact show the view of the majority regarding women. You might as well claim the US is anti-Catholic for JFK. Google the event.

As to blights upon the world, there is nothing redeemable about Christianity or Judaism other than the words of those who claim to no longer be strict followers of either.

The only problem with Islam and ONLY in the middle east is the lack of secular dominance which is what saves Christianity and Judaism in the West. Observant Judaism in Israel is WORSE than middle eastern Islam overall. Observant Christianity thinks the world was created some 6000 years ago and damns evolution and is otherwise scientifically behind Islam in the middle east.

Islamophobia is a nasty thing. Islamoignorance is unforgivable. Judeoignorance is unforgivable. Christoignorance is unforgivable.

I recited facts about Islam and Judaism which are beyond question. Mohammed copied Abraham with a wife of the same age. Don't bring up pedophile without mentioning both of them and damning both religions because of it. You do not get the right to be selective.

The reality is tolerance goes with neither Judaism, Christianity or Islam. The oldest stories of genocides are found in the Old Testament. Jews are genocidal maniacs. Read their holy books for details.

I will give you a true story regarding Dawkins.

I registered on his website. At the time there was a forum. I posted my usual material in my sig about the origin of the Old Testament. I also got involved in a discussion of Israel and I replied to all the good points with material from websites like the Jerusalem Post and Haaretz which refuted their claims.

Not only was I banned for citing and posting material negative to Israel the entire forum system was terminated because of a violent dispute among the moderators insisting the jewish religious claims must never be challenged.

On top of that the jerkoff Dawkins has declared he is an "ethnic Christian" which is about the stupidest thing anyone can say about the usage of ethic.

Dawkins is worthless in matters of religion. There is eternally good advice for scientists. Do NOT stray our of your field. Dawkins ain't jack shit out of his field.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Germany bans three 'anti-democratic' Islamist groups

"Authorities in Germany have banned three Islamist groups, accusing them of being "anti-democratic" and seeking to impose sharia law. German officials also accuse the groups of encouraging violence against those who do not agree with their views. "These bans will also serve to protect the vast number of peaceful Muslims. They must not be troubled by conflicts deliberately fomented by extremists," Mr Friedrich said.

Germany bans three Salafist groups as anti-democratic

On a side note:

Pigs Will Fly

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:23 am 

http://www.corybernardi.com/Files/Speec ... rnment.pdf

Quote:
Australian Islamic Peace Conference
SPEECH by Senator Cory Bernardi
Australian Parliament
Tuesday, 12 March 2013

http://www.corybernardi.com/Files/Speec ... rnment.pdf
Australian Islamic Peace Conference SPEECH Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Senator BERNARDI (South Australia): I rise tonight to speak about an event that is happening in Melbourne this weekend, an event that some Australians may not be aware of yet it is something that all Australians should be informed about. I am talking about the Australian Islamic Peace Conference, which will be held at the Melbourne Showgrounds and which is presented by the Islamic Research and Educational Academy. The conference website states that it is 'The biggest and best ever Islamic event in the history of Australia.' Various posters for the conference state: 'It is proudly supported by over 30 organisations Australia wide' and also 'supported by all the mosques and Islamic organisations of Melbourne'.

A focus of the conference is purported to be interfaith dialogue, with IREA stating that it has been: “working hard to narrow the gap and fill the vacuum which has been created between different religions …” Yet how can this be a realistic goal of the conference when the announced range of speakers at the conference include a number of extremists and purveyors of hate?

The organiser of the conference is Wazeem Razvi, who, only last December was advocating for Sharia law in Australia and who has said that violence in defence of his faith is okay. Another supposed and reported speaker is Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al- Sudais, the imam of the Grand Mosque of Mecca. The BBC News organisation has confirmed that he has said that Jews are 'monkeys and pigs,' 'rats of the world,' and the 'offspring of apes and pigs.' He called Hindus 'idol worshippers' and labelled Christians 'cross-worshippers' who are 'influenced by the rottenness of their ideas and the poison of their cultures'. Some media articles have even reported him saying that the Jews are the 'scum of humanity' and calling for their annihilation. And this is a man who was advertised as a main speaker at this peace conference.

While the Australian newspaper reports today that Al- Sudais's face does not appear on the conference leaflet that was posted on Facebook on the weekend, an earlier version of the conference poster does, indeed, depict his face and his name, labelling him the 'Imam of Kaaba.' So at least early on, before there was any scrutiny, the organisers were happy to clearly state that he was going to be a guest speaker. The latest reports now seem to indicate that Al-Sudais is no longer attending the conference, but the fact that the organisers invited him to speak says a great deal about the Islamic Peace Conference. And he is not the only controversial speaker linked with this event.

Another person listed as a speaker on the conference's website is Abu Hamza. In 2009 he caused an uproar when it was reported that he had lectured men on how to beat their wives. He has also ridiculed our laws against rape, when it concerned a husband and wife. His comments were so extreme that they caused the Prime Minister at the time, Kevin Rudd, to publicly denounce him. Kevin Rudd said: Australia will not tolerate these sorts of remarks. They don't belong in modern Australia … But such condemnation will not stop him, though, from being asked to speak at this Islamic Peace Conference.

Another invited speaker is Sheik Yee, who claims that the September 11 attacks were not the work of Muslims and that the Jews are the real extremists. But he is not the only speaker to share similar views. Melbourne's Sheikh Abu Ayman, aka Sheikh Omran, who I was unfortunate enough to sit next to on an SBS Insight program, has actually defended Osama bin Laden, saying, 'I dispute any evil action linked to bin Laden.'

This seems to be a common thread amongst a number of the speakers, because another one, Sheikh Zakir Naik, said he too was a supporter of Osama bin Laden, and went on to say that, and I quote, 'Every Muslim should be a terrorist'.

Another invitee is from the Islamic Online University, Mr Bilal Philips. He has been linked to terror groups and the United States even listed him as an unindicted co-conspirator over the 1993 bombing of New York's World Trade Center. It is hard for even the stoutest defender of freedom of speech to defend the poison that is peddled by this lot. But then, there is always Keysar Trad.

Mr Trad is a Moslem community leader and is often sought for his media comments and he seems to make a habit of defending Islamic speakers who preach terribly offensive messages. With regard to Al-Sudais, Mr Trad is quoted as saying, 'People can change and sometimes they say comments out of anger that they would retract when they calm down.' Well, I suggest Mr Al-Sudais is sure taking his time getting a grip on his anger considering his comments were reported in media articles over 10 years ago.

Let us not forget that Mr Trad was a spokesman for Sheikh Hilaly and defended him over his comments about women being 'uncovered meat' in this country. He has also publicly defended polygamy and said sharia can coexist in Australia alongside our existing legal system—an idea that is thankfully not supported by either major party in this country. So I would say that Mr Trad is no stranger to controversy, but he does seem pretty keen to defend what I consider to be the indefensible when it comes to Islamic extremists.

Weeks ago I wrote in my weekly blog about my concerns regarding Al-Sudais' impending visit. I mentioned his terrible comments and his track record then and I marvelled at how his proposed visit to Australia had gone relatively unnoticed by many sections of the media, the government and wider society. All I could uncover a few weeks ago in the mainstream media was one article from, of all places, the Melbourne Age.

Where were the numerous scathing opinion pieces from social commentators and outraged citizens about Al-Sudais' visit? Where were the exposes on Lateline and the stories on the morning and evening TV news bulletins? The silence from the commentariat when it comes to calling out this type of extremism is deafening. And, just as important, where were the words of condemnation from Labor ministers like Chris Bowen, Kate Lundy and Mark Dreyfus? These ministers had no problem being forthright and scornful when at least one other recent visitor [Geert Wilders] was on our shores, but why not for Al-Sudais and his companions?

Within the last week or so, I am pleased to say, more media coverage of the Islamic Peace Conference has started to appear. It is good to know that more information has come to light, so that Australians are becoming better informed about the type of events that are being promoted by some within our community. Slowly, very slowly, sections of our media are catching on, and I would say not a moment too soon.

It is absolutely vital and important that our freedom of speech and our freedom of the press is used to question these views—views that would be abhorrent to a vast majority of Australians. But the commentary seems to be one sided on matters such as this, thanks to what I would call the apologists who succumb to political correctness, or fear. The question is: what is it that they are afraid of?

I find it unbelievable that a peace conference, supposedly supported by a wide selection of Islamic organisations, as claimed by the event organisers IREA, would intend to encourage such people like Al-Sudais and Abu Hamza to attend their conference. It is reasonable, and it is the responsible thing to do, to question why such speakers were invited to appear and how anyone can legitimise their views. It is part of a discussion that our society needs to have. We should not be afraid to dig deeper into this issue and become more informed about the things that are actually happening here in Australia, rather than dismissing them as an overseas problem that has no place here. Informed debate is something that is absolutely vital for our democracy and our continuing way of life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Cory Bernardi should be prime minister of Australia. Now here is a REAL "liberal" for a change. It's as if the U.S. has become topsy-turvy on this issue, with the "liberals" supporting those who hold views little different from Catholic Inquisitors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 am 
Thor

I haven't heard about these attempts at "anti-blasphemy" laws before this forum... that's mind-boggling. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:19 am 
Site Admin

AdNoctem wrote:
I haven't heard about these attempts at "anti-blasphemy" laws before this forum... that's mind-boggling. :shock:

Here's the link for that: UN "Blasphemy Resolution"

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 am 

Sam Harris on "Islamophobia"

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text ... troversy2/

Quote:
My condemnation applies to the doctrines of Islam and to the ways in which they reliably produce these “bad acts.” Unfortunately, in the case of Islam, the bad acts of the worst individuals—the jihadists, the murderers of apostates, and the men who treat their wives and daughters like chattel—are the best examples of the doctrine in practice.

And Neil Godfrey's commentary:
Code:
http://vridar.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/islamophobia-and-some-new-atheists/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 am 

Here is an article just published by Geert Wilders

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 6629578097
Quote:
No surprise the Boston bombers were fans of the sheik

by:Geert Wilders
April 26, 2013

NO, I was not surprised when the Tsarnaev brothers, the terrorists involved in last week's Boston bombing, turned out to be Islamic radicals. And neither am I surprised that they are fans of Australian Islamic cleric Sheik Feiz Mohammed.

Nor will I be surprised if a similar attack happens in Australia - or Europe, or anyplace where the authorities remain blind to the true nature of Islam. We learned on Tuesday of a planned attack in Canada.

Read the Koran and you will find the explanation. "Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it," the Koran tells the faithful (2:216). In case anyone doubts what is meant by fighting: "I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, maim them in every limb!" (8:12).

And yet, most Western intellectuals, journalists and politicians keep declaring that the "true" Islam can be found in the occasional non-bellicose sentences of the Koran. "Islam is a religion of peace," they say. And whenever adherents of this "religion of peace" blow up pressure cookers full of nails amid innocent bystanders, we hear that "they are not acting in accordance to Islamic teachings".

I have spent almost a decade under round-the-clock police protection because of death threats. I have been marked for death by the adherents of Islam for stating that the cause of Islamic terrorism is Islam. Its founder Mohammed "cast terror", in his own words, into the hearts of people. To give but one example: In 627, Mohammed ordered the genocide of the Banu Qurayza, a Jewish tribe from Medina. The women and children were sold as slaves and the men were decapitated, with Mohammed actively participating in the massacre. Osama bin Laden took his authority from the teachings and the practice of Mohammed. Islam is definitely not a religion like other religions. Did Jesus slaughter his enemies? Are there any Jews or Buddhists who for the sake of their religion fly planes into buildings or murder and maim onlookers at a marathon?

People such as Feiz Mohammed, the Australian-born sheik of Lebanese origin, whose Islamic "sermons" inspired the Tsarnaev brothers, are not propagating a false Islam. They are propagating the Islam of the Koran and of Mohammed. Why do most intellectuals, journalists and politicians close their eyes to this reality?

Three years ago, Feiz Mohammed issued an internet video in which he called for my beheading. I was, he said, "evil filth". "Chop his head off," he told his followers. I am threatened for the simple reason that I am an Islam critic. But, make no mistake, I am not the only one who is in danger. The Tsarnaev brothers drew inspiration from Feiz Mohammed's internet rants and decided to kill innocent onlookers at a marathon. Everyone is in danger.

Following the Boston bombing, Australia's Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus said that Sheik Mohammed's videos no longer represent his views. He said: "Sheik Feiz Mohammed, in recent months, condemned the use of violence and certainly, as a community leader, he's someone that's getting behind the countering violent extremism program that we have in many communities."

Dreyfus has great faith in the conversion of the hate-preacher. But I do not share this optimism. Islam's founder Mohammed told his followers that they are allowed to lie and cheat in order to advance Islam. I have not heard the sheik recall his demand for my beheading. Nor did the Tsarnaev brothers hear Sheik Mohammed declare that the Islam he preached earlier is not the true Islam.

When, two months ago, I visited Australia at the invitation of the Q Society, I spoke at public events in Melbourne and the Sydney suburb of Liverpool. An event in Perth was cancelled because West Australian Premier Colin Barnett opposed my presence in his state. The event in Melbourne was disrupted by violent protests. Various conference centres in Sydney refused to have me, which forced me to speak in Liverpool which, as it happens, used to be the home turf of Feiz Mohammed.

People who came to listen to me had to go through thorough security checks. Sadly, this was all necessary because there are people - not just in Europe, Canada and America, but also in Australia - who are willing to bring into practice what Sheik Mohammed preaches in his internet videos.

Will Australian politicians learn the lessons from Boston? It all depends on whether they are prepared to face the truth. As Debbie Robinson of the Q Society, Australia's leading organisation promoting a realist view of Islam, said in a reaction to the "extremism" behind the Boston atrocity: "Professing to seek solutions, but refusing to identify the cause, is pointless."

In my view, the cause is Islam's inherent violent and intolerant nature. I always make a distinction between Muslims and Islam. Most Muslims are moderate, but this does not mean that there is such thing as a moderate Islam. People who reject Islam's violent and intolerant commandments are not practising "moderate Islam" - in my view they are not practising Islam at all. If Islam was a tolerant religion would I - or anyone who criticises Islam - have to live under 24-hour police protection?

Geert Wilders, MP, is the leader of the Dutch Party for Freedom, the largest party in the polls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Robert Tulip wrote:
And Neil Godfrey's commentary:
Code:
http://vridar.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/islamophobia-and-some-new-atheists/

So, let me get this straight. Godfrey viciously attacks me, a sole female, without provocation and simply because I am interested in and write about the origins of religious and mythological ideas dating back thousands of years. His attack - which he initiated long before I'd ever heard of him - including all kinds of vile character assassinations, libel and calumny, insinuating I am some devious cult leader with insidious plans.

Yet, not only does he give the world's most violent and misogynistic male-dominant cult (Islam) a pass, he actually defends it? A cult that has on its hands the blood of some 270 million nonbelievers?

What kind of "morality" does this sort of mentality reflect? Bashing repeatedly a single female with no organization and few resources, while enabling a dangerous, sexist ideology bent on global domination and the widespread destruction of human rights and civilization?

I will refrain from commenting further, as I have some pretty choice words to say at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm 

Acharya wrote:
What kind of "morality" does this sort of mentality reflect? Bashing repeatedly a single female with no organization and few resources, while enabling a dangerous, sexist ideology bent on global domination and the widespread destruction of human rights and civilization?

Godfrey published a new thread arguing that
Code:
"Religious Terrorism" is a flawed and dangerous concept
http://vridar.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/flawed-and-dangerous-the-popular-notion-of-religious-terrorism/
and that the West should abandon Muslims to Islamic domination. I posted at his thread to point out that the Koran promotes infidelophobia, and he responded that "I find your worldview as fatuous and as divorced from reality as your von Daniken-like astrotheology; the difference is that astrotheology can be treated as a harmless joke."

A letter in The Australian newspaper yesterday said "Geert Wilders is one of those rare, courageous politicians whose concern for his rich heritage and culture compels him to speak the plain truth in public in full knowledge of the visceral hatred that would inevitably follow. After living through the past couple of decades, to still believe Islam is the religion of peace is to be as credulous as believing North Korea is a democracy run by the people."

I wish Neil Godfrey had a similar appreciation of the plain truth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

The "fatuous" remarks are not on our end. Godfrey's Islamopandering is a disgraceful menace to our civilization.

And what part of the following article does he not understand? It is he who behaves in a cult-like, "von Daniken" manner, as he expresses absolute ignorance of the history of religious ideation dating back thousands of years and then attempts to ridicule others into his cultish views.

Astral Religion in Ugarit and Ancient Israel

The terms "astral religion," "astrolatry" and "astromythology" connote the same meaning as "astrotheology." The irrational kneejerk reaction to the latter term is asinine. Godfrey's ignorant opinions on the origins of religion are frankly worthless.

Or, how about this essay by Dr. Mark Smith, an expert on ancient Semitic culture, including religion? Is Smith like von Daniken because he actually knows the origins of Levantine and Mesopotamian religion?

Quote:
Astral Religion and the Representation of Divinity: The Cases of Ugarit and Judah

West Semitic religion in general owes much to astral religion, and yet most modern accounts take little note of it....

It's because of individuals like Godfrey that modern accounts take little note of the real meaning of ancient religion.

Here are dozens of discussions of "astral religion" in E.J. Brill publications, arguably the best academic press in English. As we can see, Godfrey is simply ignorant of the subject matter and should not be considered an expert in any way, shape or form. He comes across as just an irrational bigot.

And his support of the women-oppressing, slavery-justifying Islam while bashing me is really disgusting. He should be ashamed of himself.

Robert Tulip wrote:
Acharya wrote:

Godfrey published a new thread arguing that "Religious Terrorism" is a flawed and dangerous concept and that the West should abandon Muslims to Islamic domination. I posted at his thread to point out that the Koran promotes infidelophobia, and he responded that "I find your worldview as fatuous and as divorced from reality as your von Daniken-like astrotheology; the difference is that astrotheology can be treated as a harmless joke."

A letter in The Australian newspaper yesterday said "Geert Wilders is one of those rare, courageous politicians whose concern for his rich heritage and culture compels him to speak the plain truth in public in full knowledge of the visceral hatred that would inevitably follow. After living through the past couple of decades, to still believe Islam is the religion of peace is to be as credulous as believing North Korea is a democracy run by the people."

I wish Neil Godfrey had a similar appreciation of the plain truth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next