It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Dan just stop, you're making a fool of yourself here in this thread on the topic of Islam. You may not like Geert Wilders and that's fine but, he has consistently been demonstrably spot-on when it comes to Islam. You need to read through this very thread before commenting here; and haven't we gone through this before?

Geert Wilders's 'Fitna: The Movie' Review

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
It's easy to be an arm-chair critic, when the person you are criticizing has to live in jails and army barracks in order to protect his life against violent terrorists, simply because he doesn't want his culture to be destroyed.

And as concerns Obama, he has to be one of the worst presidents in history, if only for his unbelievable Islamopandering, which has allowed for Islamic regimes to take root in numerous "Arab Spring" countries. Moreover, he has dropped thousands of violent thugs from Muslim countries all over the U.S., and has allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to gain unprecedented power not only in Egypt but also in the U.S. - all with our tax money and over my strenuous objections.

Again, I object to the pandering that endangers my family and Western civilization as a whole.

And the phrase "deflection fallacy" is not my "cute term."

http://logical-critical-thinking.com/lo ... g-fallacy/

Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
Dan just stop, you're making a fool of yourself here in this thread on the topic of Islam. You may not like Geert Wilders and that's fine but, he has consistently been demonstrably spot-on when it comes to Islam. You need to read through this very thread before commenting here; and haven't we gone through this before?

Geert Wilders's 'Fitna: The Movie' Review

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 am 
Dear Acharya,


I apologize for claiming that the term 'deflection fallacy' was yours, the other part, how could I? :)

"nobody wants to buy your drugs here, louis"

Without researching the import of 'deflection fallacy', I don't think the term fits for many reasons. I dont play the culture against culture game which is inseparable from Geerts position and in many many respects the Christian & Muslim cultures can aid each other greatly! Deflection fallacy- an illogical assumption based on a "deflection", I think such a vague charge should be supported by a direct example when my general argument is that he it just too overboard.

Geert -“Islam is a totalitarian ideology.”

-Islam and Christianity can produce totalitarian ideologies.

-Until we take an honest look at our so called ‘governing documents’ and take the T,or cross, out of ‘In God we Tru$t’ American culture is also one of many totalitarian ideologies.


“{World’s} Salvation is from the Jews”-

An “Islamic Democracy” and “Christian Democracy” differ today mostly because the previous devils had centuries to work out their system of mob rule! As there is no standard “Christianity” or “Islam”, these systems are not as absolutely definable as Geert may believe and to hold one up as “culturally superior” is that same old “pick the best of the big boy” game and reminds me of that American idol mentality that made the us so dependent on a federal president.

“With the mass immigration to our free [gated] societies, our societies will change for the worse.”-Hey, where all the white women at? :twisted: Surely Geert if your “culture”, which is partly a product of a very particular type of selective slave labor and illegal invasions based on lies, was so highly advanced it could take on some of the world’s less fortunate, as long as their particular form of devil worship jibes with yours!

“ And I'm proud to say you are not a racist or a bigot or anything like that if you say that the Netherlands, as Australia, is a culture based on CHRISTIANITY, on JUDAISM {really?}, on humanism‘”- this fucking devil jumps around so much he is hard to jab with the sword of truth. In case this barbarian hasn’t been studying the evolution of cultures too closely they are never totally in closed bubbles and today they may “pop” more frequently than ever before but whatever the case his dependence on his hybrid stew of his three previously mentioned dogmas proves him to be a recycled cult figure.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
It should be obvious, Daniel, that we don't really care about your opinion of Geert Wilders or of Islam in Europe. We agree with him, and we think he is a great man for his COURAGE and INTELLIGENT INSIGHTS. Again, armchair critics sitting comfortably (and possibly cowardly) out of danger while Wilders risks his life are not impressive at all.

Moving on now, as this discussion is a complete waste of time. Wilders is right about Islam, and Europe will be lost if the idiotic politicians do not listen to him. Indeed, they will be guilty of genocide of the highest order, as Europe slides into "civil war," which will not be "civil" in any meaning of the term.

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
"The attempts to silence a prominent critic of Islam go a long way toward proving his point."

Quote:
Why Geert Wilders is Right

"With well over 30 venues and counting rejecting a visiting Dutch MP, it is getting very hard indeed to see how freedom and democracy have much of a leg to stand on in Australia. Things may already be too late. When a guest speaker is not allowed to warn us of threats to our freedoms, then things may have reached the point of no return.

One of the latest debacles was another Perth venue breaking its contract at the last minute, leaving many hundreds with nowhere to go. So at this late stage Wilders may not be able to speak there at all. In a democracy, allowing those with a different point of view the right to speak is paramount. But we are seeing this screeching to a halt here in Australia.

Of course it is not just the oppressive and undemocratic nature of Islam which is responsible for this reprehensible attack on freedom of speech. The Islamists are being aided and abetted by leftist activist groups. Indeed, they have been the main ones threatening to disrupt and shut down any event featuring Wilders.

The activist groups have been working overtime here, using the social media especially for a search and destroy mission: they have been asking anyone who knows where the meetings will be, or any catering for them, etc, to be exposed, so they can come and be their intolerant best – all in the name of tolerance of course.

The organisers said this about the latest Perth cancelation: “A paid contract is being broken by the manager of reputable four star hotel, scared by the possibility of anti-democratic fringe groups holding a protest outside. We have been working hard on possible alternatives over the weekend, but given required size and lead time for security arrangements required to hold such an event, no suitable venue was available in the shortness of time. We also tried a number of Christian organisations with suitable venues, but their leaders were afraid to help out.

“A school hall was suggested as a last minute option; but neither Mr Wilders nor Q Society will subject children to the likely impact of anti-democratic hate groups holding protests outside their school. We feel very sorry for all who’ve booked hotels and flights, but this is out of our hands. Our sponsors were prepared to more than double the already generous budget for a suitable venue and extra security, but still to no avail.

“The fear of venue managers is just too great. And when fear becomes stronger than civil courage, both the freedom to speak and the freedom to hear are denied. As Voltaire said: ‘If you want to know who rules over you, just find out who you are not permitted to criticise’.

“We realise anti-democratic hate groups will now be dancing in the streets. But this is not the end of it; and sadly they are blinded and do not realise they are dancing on the grave of free speech. Freedom of speech is an absolute; freedom knows no left or right.”

All of this has a name: it is called dhimmitude, and it fully proves Geert’s point. The silencing of all opposition and alternate opinion, which is a hallmark of Islam, is working very well here. So too is the radical left’s hatred of all contrary views.

The odd thing is, all over the West the radical left is in bed with radical Islam. But as soon as the Islamists get into power, the first ones to lose their heads will be these stooges from the left. They and their spineless companions in the mainstream media, and the venue owners, are all simply PC cowards who at the end of the day can be labelled “useful idiots”.

This of course was the phrase Lenin used of all those gullible and ignorant Westerners who actually supported the agenda of the Communists. They were so clueless as to the real aims of murderous Communism that they actually defended Marxism in the West. Yet whenever the Marxists got into power, the first ones executed were all these useful idiots.

Today we sadly have plenty of useful idiots when it comes to the fascist ideology of Islam. Indeed, Islam is a repressive political ideology wrapped up as a religion. And millions of gullible and uninformed Westerners are rushing out to actually defend it! Yet when a nation has a Muslim majority, these spineless and brainless wonders will wish they were not so naive and misinformed.

Just as Communism successfully waged a propaganda war, conning millions of Westerners into believing that they were a benign and peaceful ideology, so too the Islamists have duped millions as well. Thus we have plenty of “interfaith” movements all over the West, fooling the naive and unaware. It is the same with the growing movement known as Chrislam. But see here for more on this: http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2009/09/ ... -chrislam/

Of course things like the interfaith movement and Chrislam are all one way traffic. The aim has never been to see Muslims become Christians, or leave their faith. The aim has always been to bring Westerners into Islam, and to see Christians abandon their faith.

So the problem of Islam’s growth in the West – the very thing Wilders is trying to warn us about – is due not just to Islamic expansionism, but Western naivety and credulity. We are allowing ourselves to be taken over by a foreign ideology which is at war with freedom and democracy.

The numerous setbacks for the organisers of Wilder’s tour are proof positive that the Islamists have basically won. We in the West have become so terrified of daring to offend Islam, that we would rather take away our own freedoms, and destroy our own way of life, than appear to have insulted the Prophet and his followers.

This is known as dhimmitude – the condition of second-class citizenship which non-Muslims are forced to endure as Islam gains the ascendency. When this starts happening, then you know that democracy is dead, or at least on its last legs.

The warnings Geert Wilders came here to share with us may not be allowed to be vocalised because of the dhimmi status of Australian society. But his very inability to speak may be even more telling – it fully proves his point: Islam does not allow any contrary points of view. Nor does the radical left.

When the two work together to stifle freedom of speech and crush our democratic freedoms, then we are seeing firsthand tyranny on the march. Geert wanted so much to warn us of all this, and learn from what is already happening in Europe. But the way he has been treated makes for a perfect illustration of our already existing dhimmi status.

We are eyewitnesses to our own execution. These are very sad days indeed for the West."

Quote:
Dhimwit: "A non-Muslim member of a free society that abets the stated cause of Islamic domination with remarkable gullibility. A dhimwit is always quick to extend sympathy to the very enemy that would take away his or her own freedom (or life) if given the opportunity."

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 pm 
Acharya's, or, A-sharia's law! (same Buddhist root : see Jesus's Godma Sources)

You have failed to argue directly against any of my points and only copy and paste your pithy lines to deflect the truth that your Krust like hero is just an ignorant and scared little boy in his protected community trying to resurrect a dead system/s.

"Again, armchair critics sitting comfortably (and possibly cowardly) out of danger while Wilders risks his life are not impressive at all" -Acharya, spare me with your Geert hanging on the cross trip, besides, your fearless leader fearing attack or death, or whatever words or thoughts he be afraid of and that make him run into jails with his boyfriends, is also cowardly!-duh

Acharya also wrote regarding geert "It's easy to be an arm-chair critic, when the person you are criticizing has to live in jails and army barracks" - He is right their with the courageous US bullies, I mean soldiers!




gorilla (n.) 1847, applied to the apes (Troglodytes gorills) by U.S. missionary Thomas Savage, from Greek gorillai, plural of name given to wild, hairy people in a Greek translation of Carthaginian navigator Hanno's account of his voyage along the N.W. coast of Africa, c.500 B.C.E. Allegedly an African word.
In its inmost recess was an island similar to that formerly described, which contained in like manner a lake with another island, inhabited by a rude description of people. The females were much more numerous than the males, and had rough skins: our interpreters called them Gorillae. We pursued but could take none of the males; they all escaped to the top of precipices, which they mounted with ease, and threw down stones; we took three of the females, but they made such violent struggles, biting and tearing their captors, that we killed them, and stripped off the skins, which we carried to Carthage: being out of provisions we could go no further. [Hanno, "Periplus"]
Of persons perceived as being gorilla-like, from 1884.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
Your response contains a number of puerile ad homs, and I have no time for such trash.

You were a welcome member of this forum for some years, despite the fact that much of what you write is incomprehensible rambling. I gave you friendly advice on how you could improve the presentation of your illegible, huge blocks of run-on sentences, but you chose to ignore it and decided it would be wiser to make the reader "work hard." This choice is absurd, of course, and so is what you have said below.

I already told you to move on, as your disparagement of one of the ONLY courageous European politicians is a reflection of your own mental state - apparently you are projecting your own rubbish about a "scared little boy" and the rest on Wilders. And apparently you are jealous of the esteem with which someone who is actually standing up to bullies is receiving. From other posts of yours, I also suspect that you resent Wilders out of a rabid anti-Semitism - I don't know that we ever found out where you are from. You are not a native speaker of English, but your name is English. I'm guessing you are a leftist anarchist European who detests Jews and has been enabling Islamic encroachment.

Simply because Wilders has a Jewish wife and a fondness for Israel - which is a hell of a lot better place than the rest of the Near and Middle East - does not mean you have the right to paint him as some evil demon. I'm sure that he would listen to insights about abuses concerning Judaism and Christianity, if someone like me had his ear. He is not an unreasonable man, and he is unworthy of such disgusting contempt as you are displaying in here, like some foaming-at-the-mouth jihadi. Everyone we meet will have some blind spots where we can see better than they do. There is no need to go off like a depraved lunatic when someone does not see eye to eye with you. The fact remains that Wilders lives in a state of terror, with bodyguards all around him, because he speaks out against the destruction of the DUTCH culture, which is none of the vile things you are trying to imply.

In fact, the DUTCH culture was one of the best in the world - until it allowed in all these violent immigrants with their supremacist designs. It's an utter disgrace that this highly evolved culture is now being destroyed, and, as a person with friends who are Dutch, I wholly support the preservation of the Dutch culture. In this regard, Wilders is doing a huge service, and I would appreciate it if you would stop with your insults and derogation, which represent irrational bigotry and prejudice.

I have no more time to waste on this calumny, as the world falls apart. It is because of "leftards" as you are displaying yourself to be here, that Europe is being destroyed by Islamic invasion. So, shame on you. And shame on you for your disrespect after all these years of us welcoming you here. I asked you to move along from this thread, and I see no real reason to continue this open-arms policy. If you do not move on, we will be compelled to ban you from posting here.

DanielHopkins wrote:
Acharya's, or, A-sharia's law! (same Buddhist root : see Jesus's Godma Sources)

You have failed to argue directly against any of my points and only copy and paste your pithy lines to deflect the truth that your Krust like hero is just an ignorant and scared little boy in his protected community trying to resurrect a dead system/s.

"Again, armchair critics sitting comfortably (and possibly cowardly) out of danger while Wilders risks his life are not impressive at all" -Acharya, spare me with your Geert hanging on the cross trip, besides, your fearless leader fearing attack or death, or whatever words or thoughts he be afraid of and that make him run into jails with his boyfriends, is also cowardly!-duh

Acharya also wrote regarding geert "It's easy to be an arm-chair critic, when the person you are criticizing has to live in jails and army barracks" - He is right their with the courageous US bullies, I mean soldiers!




gorilla (n.) 1847, applied to the apes (Troglodytes gorills) by U.S. missionary Thomas Savage, from Greek gorillai, plural of name given to wild, hairy people in a Greek translation of Carthaginian navigator Hanno's account of his voyage along the N.W. coast of Africa, c.500 B.C.E. Allegedly an African word.
In its inmost recess was an island similar to that formerly described, which contained in like manner a lake with another island, inhabited by a rude description of people. The females were much more numerous than the males, and had rough skins: our interpreters called them Gorillae. We pursued but could take none of the males; they all escaped to the top of precipices, which they mounted with ease, and threw down stones; we took three of the females, but they made such violent struggles, biting and tearing their captors, that we killed them, and stripped off the skins, which we carried to Carthage: being out of provisions we could go no further. [Hanno, "Periplus"]
Of persons perceived as being gorilla-like, from 1884.

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
I hope that Dan is not turning out to be another Dhimwit. :cry:

Quote:
Dhimwit: "A non-Muslim member of a free society that abets the stated cause of Islamic domination with remarkable gullibility. A dhimwit is always quick to extend sympathy to the very enemy that would take away his or her own freedom (or life) if given the opportunity."

Dan, what country are you originally from because your position makes no sense? You have yet to make a legitimate argument for your distaste against Geert Wilders beyond ad homs, smears and insults. So, what is this really all about for you? - are you assuming that just because Geert Wilders shows support for Judaeo-Christianity over Islam that he, and by default we, are 100% supportive of Judeo-Christianity? Because that would be a false assumption and one that you should know better. Whether Geert Wilders is right or wrong about Judeo-Christianity is completely irrelevant as he is demonstrably correct about Islam.

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
GEERT WILDERS IN AUSTRALIA

Quote:
Here’s an interview with Geert after his arrival in Australia. I’ve just learned that his appearance in Perth today was cancelled due to threats from protesters (Leftists and Muslims), but he is still scheduled to speak in Melbourne and Sydney.

QSociety, Wilder’s sponsor for this tour, writes:

This is news we thought we’d never have to put out in Australia; but you, we and Geert Wilders are being denied a venue to meet and speak in Perth. A paid contract is being broken by the manager of reputable four star hotel, scared by the possibility of anti-democratic fringe groups holding a protest outside.

The fear of venue managers is just too great. And when fear becomes stronger than civil courage, both the freedom to speak and the freedom to hear are denied. As Voltaire said: “If you want to know who rules over you, just find out who you are not permitted to criticize.”

The Melbourne and Sydney events are still going ahead as planned.

Image

The image above says it all: Speaking the TRUTH about Islam will not be allowed. That's sharia law. Anyone who supports sharia law is not welcome here. Take the Islam-enabling and Jew-hatred elsewhere, please.

Image

The use of the vile epithets "Islamophobia" and "racism" is a jihadi tactic, designed by Islamists in order to subjugate us. Anyone who supports this jihadi tactic is not welcome here.

What Sharia Allows

Beheadings
Stonings
Hangings
Honor killings
Genocide
Supremacy/global domination
Warfare/conquest
Beatings
Torture
Limb amputations
Genital mutilation
Death to apostates
Forced conversion
Slavery
Sex slavery and rape
Misogyny/sexism
Women enslavement
Wife beating
Child marriage/rape
Brutality against homosexuals
Censorship
Bigotry and hatred
Robbery and pillage
Extortion of nonbelievers
Animal cruelty
Prohibition of music/singing
Etc., ad nauseam


_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm 
FTL wrote:

"Dan, what country are you originally from because your position makes no sense? You have yet to make a legitimate argument for your distaste against Geert Wilders beyond ad homs, smears and insults. So, what is this really all about for you? - are you assuming that just because Geert Wilders shows support for Judaeo-Christianity over Islam that he, and by default we, are 100% supportive of Judeo-Christianity? Because that would be a false assumption and one that you should know better."

What would a country have to do with my position?

My point is that you support Christianity when you know that just laws are hard to carve on rotten wood! I feel as though if you wont pull the church down, then get out of the way, they still have some bills to pay!

I think it is very unfair for Acharya to be offering me English lessons when no one asked her for her sagely advice. Again, she is doing the same racists tricks that have been going on ever since racists started ducking the truth. Her recommending that I go get wikipedia's approval before she would consider my theory shows her to dependence on politically correct editors over there.

You would think any author covering ancient Egypt would be familiar with some of the problems with Egyptian chronology, but she, like most others, just takes whom she likes as an authority!

I have been through her work, sometimes when she says "Osiris" she only means the god that was the Osiris too such and such. This happens because she copied from failed to mention that the known name of the particular god was not Osiris.

In Christ in Egypt she begins with the teaser that Herodotus mentions that the Egyptians were the most cultic people in the (known) world. Maybe she would also like to tell us just how far Herodotus travelled around the world, etc. etc


More unscholarly repeating to lead you astray. In Christ in Egypt "one need only look to the cautionary tale of the notorious monotheistic pharaoh AmenHotep IV, aka, Akhenaten, for an example of how sincerely the Egyptians and their priesthoods upheld their religion was exceedingly widespread and possessed an antiquity unparalleled in the known world at the time."





Akhenaten, Smenkhkare, Tutankhamen, Ay, Ramses II are not included on the ABYDOS king's list because they were not kings of Egypt at the time the list was made.

The 66th king listed is Ahmose I (Amasis to the Greeks) was given the birth name Ah-mose (The Moon is Born). His throne name was Neb-pehty-re (The Lord of Strength is Re) and ruled from 1550–1525 BC. Acharya would maintain that Amasis II didn't come for another 1000 years.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
I was wondering if you were suddenly living in an Islamic country because your comments make absolutely no sense. You seem so upset at the (false) assumption of supporting Christianity that you're doing the worst evil of all by inadvertently giving Islam a pass or free ride and you really should be ashamed of yourself. Dan, you are way out of line and you're not even paying attention to our posts at all. What in the world has gotten in to you? You're making absolutely no sense at all, for example:

DanielHopkins wrote:
"My point is that you support Christianity when you know that just laws are hard to carve on rotten wood! I feel as though if you wont pull the church down, then get out of the way, they still have some bills to pay!"

What the bloody hell are you even talking about? Dan, I just pointed out in my previous post how that is a false assumption. You're not paying any attention to our posts, you've not read though this thread, you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about - you're just having knee-jerk reactions to things you're inventing on your own. You have yet to compile a decent comprehensible argument at all - for 20 years Acharya has written exposing Christianity and other religions and now, suddenly, you act like she's the Pope or something. It's really weird.

DanielHopkins wrote:
I think it is very unfair for Acharya to be offering me English lessons when no one asked her for her sagely advice.

Er, Dan, you are not thinking this through ... all she said was:

Acharya wrote:
Thanks, Daniel. Glad you feel inspired by my work.

I think you've probably plucked up some good facts here. In order to convey them more readily, however, you will need to find a more structured representation and organization. Lumping everything together in huge paragraphs makes it extremely difficult to follow. Smaller paragraphs, highlights in bold, lists, side-by-side charts, subtitles, block quotes, images - these are all vital in making sifting through such a mass easier.

I give you this advice, of course, because you are presenting valuable insights, but they will be lost on the vast majority. Believe me, I understand that, even with my techniques as above, a significant amount of the information I present tends to make people's eyes cross. Math has the same effect on me. :roll:

- King Tut; son of the Buddhist king Amasis II

She was right, it's difficult to follow or understand the point you're trying to get across because you make it very difficult to read at all. She was just trying to help - is that criticism what this is all about? Is this what she gets for offering simple advice?

DanielHopkins wrote:
"Again, she is doing the same racists tricks that have been going on ever since racists started ducking the truth."

So, let me make sure I got this straight, you're actually going to call her a racist? Seriously? That's just way out of line and not acceptable here, Dan. What the hell are you thinking. Perhaps you need a time out from here.

If you have questions about 'Christ in Egypt' then, post it over there - not in the Islam thread, but the credible facts and evidence do not support your claims.

Dan, just stop, you're just digging yourself a hole here.

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 844
We have one Australian politician, Cory Bernardi, who supports the warning that Geert Wilders has issued about the dangers of Islam. And yet Bernardi is not permitted by his party leader to attend Wilders' public addresses in Australia.

Bernardi's commentary is at http://www.corybernardi.com/2013/02/fre ... l#comments

Cory Bernardi wrote:
there is a double standard when it comes to free speech in Australia.

Dutch politician Geert Wilders’ public speaking tour has run into constant problems as venues continue to pull out or refuse to host his events.

Mr Wilders had to cancel his speaking tour last year when the government reportedly took over two months to approve his visa. Wilders' visa approval only came through as he was in the process of cancelling his trip.

On the other hand, last year the government had no issue granting a visa to Taji Mustafa, the British leader of Muslim extremist group Hizb ut-Tahrir.

They also appear to have no problem admitting Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais who is scheduled to attend the Australian Islamic Peace Conference in March.

Sheikh Al-Sudais has called Jewish people the “rats of the world”. He has said that Christians are “influenced by the rottenness of their ideas and the poison of their cultures.”

Mr Wilders lives under 24 hour police protection to ensure he isn’t killed or attacked by those who don’t like his opinions. Over one million Dutch voters supported him at the last election because they are living with the consequences of a growing cultural shift in the Netherlands.

There are a myriad of reports from a previously harmonious and tolerant Dutch society where Jews and gay people no longer feel safe from attack by Islamic fundamentalists. These fundamentalists are the same people who want to kill Wilders and establish sharia law under a global Caliphate because Muhammad commanded them to back in the 7th century.

And yet, it is Wilders who is characterised as an extremist.

In such a tolerant and open society like Australia, why is it so difficult to accommodate a speaking tour by a member of the Dutch parliament who has a different perspective?

It was reported that at least 10 venues in Sydney and over 30 in Melbourne refused to host Mr Wilders. One five star hotel in the Victorian capital accepted the booking and then cancelled only a few days before the event, leaving over 500 ticket holders in limbo. It was a similar story in Perth.

Westpac Banking Corporation refused to organise a payment system to facilitate ticket sales. Then PayPal put a hold on the account that was processing funds for entry to his speaking engagements.

It isn’t hard to conclude that the threat of repercussions from the hard-Left and extremists has impacted on their decision to suspend their normal business terms. This only serves to highlight that the failures of Western Europe are already starting to emerge here.

And then there’s the outcry and vitriol from the media and the government. The ABC, The Australian Broadcasting Corporation Government Television Station, was happy to play along to the leftist script demonising Wilders as ‘far right’ and a ‘racist’ while promoting the emancipated freedom of the Students for Palestine and radical-left Solidarity who are campaigning against the tour. Transcript is at http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3693093.htm

Yet Sheikh Al-Sudais’ impending visit has gone relatively unnoticed.

The Melbourne Showgrounds are hosting the Australian Islamic Peace Conference and Sheikh Al-Sudais’ appearance.

Why is it so easy for this man to come to our country and share his bizarre views in a public forum without public controversy and yet it is so hard for Mr Wilders? Why do venues refuse to host Wilders, yet provide space for Al-Sudais and groups like Hizb ut-Tahrir?

Surely in Australia, we should be affording a democratically elected politician from one of our longstanding allies at least the same opportunity to speak in freedom and safety as that provided to people like Al-Sudais.

It doesn’t matter if you agree with Wilders or not. What is important is that we are prepared to stick up for free speech even if we don’t like what we hear.

The double standard that the government and parts of the media have in relation to freedom of speech and what is acceptable for public debate is simply unacceptable.

It seems they are making up the rules as they go along in order to suit their own PC agenda.

The right of free speech should be free for all, not free for most.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 844
I went to hear Geert Wilders speak in Sydney last Friday. His talk covered mostly the same points as his 19 February Australian speech which is online at Geert Wilders Melbourne Speech, and which is well worth reading.

Wilders presented impressive, dignified and thoughtful arguments about the real nature of Islam as a totalitarian political ideology. The insistence by Islam on submission from non-Muslims is among its most frightening aspects, presenting an intolerant ambition of conquering the world, and setting it apart from real religions which respect individual rights. At least Christianity does not prevent free speech about Jesus Christ.

The stultifying oppressive nature of Islam leads to an absence of critical analysis and free debate:
Geert Wilders wrote:
Most Muslims are moderate, but the ideology of Islam is dangerous. The moderates are the captives of a totalitarian system. If only they could liberate themselves from the Islamic culture of fatalism and apathy, then the most beautiful things could happen to them and the whole world.

I believe Wilders' description of an "Islamic culture of fatalism and apathy" is an accurate and penetrating insight into why Islamic countries mostly remain so poor and violent and repressive. Wilders observes that more debate is needed on the foolishness of allowing the mass exporting of these negative qualities to the West.

A recent radio interview I heard with a leading Islamic cleric started off with him talking about Islam as a religion of peace but he ended up with a rather manic suggestion that all national borders should be abolished to enable equalisation of wealth and free movement of Muslims around the world. You really do have to scratch through the deceptive surface to find out what these people really think. It is not healthy.

The problem of Islam presents some interesting challenges for a mythicist critique of religion. In particular, Wilders argues that cultural relativism has allowed his native Holland to capitulate before a destructive social tyranny. The idea that all cultures are equal is absurd, since that attitude tolerates intolerance.
Geert Wilders wrote:
So many people rooted in a culture entirely different from our own Judeo-Christian and humanist tradition have entered Europe that now Europe's identity and its culture are in danger.

My view is that these western traditions of identity and culture have internal resources for their own renovation, not through an uncritical acceptance of traditional authority, but through a scientific analysis and broad-ranging debate about religious values and beliefs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
Thanks for the update, Robert. It's refreshing in comparison to the kneejerk reactions and hate speech against Wilders.

Now, the Australian press and politicians have much to answer for with their shabby treatment of the man, all the while giving free rein to a slew of Islamofascists and terror-supporters.

Protests against Geert Wilders show no tolerance

Image

PEOPLE trying to listen to a speech by far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders were pushed to the ground outside a venue in Melbourne yesterday.

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 844
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... onference/

"Peace Conference and Exhibition” being organised in Melbourne in March, organised by the Islamic Information Services Network of Australasia and Islamic Research and Educational Academy, backed by the Islamic Council of Victoria and a range of other Muslim groups, mosques and communities.

With such wide backing, and so many prominent speakers, it would be fair to say it represents Muslim thought today in Australia and the world. And when you check precisely what a number of the speakers have said, you come up with a picture of Islam remarkably similar to the one Geert Wilders is trying to warn against.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Truth Be Known | Stellar House Publishing
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Live Support