It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Many of Acharya's supporters are aware by now that Acharya S/DM Murdock has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), a truly terrifying diagnosis. I don't want to jump the gun here but, at this point in time it appears that she may be winning that battle. We remain cautiously optimistic but we hope to have confirmation in about a month or so to find out if her cancer is regressing or not. One thing is undoubtedly for certain, at least for now, it is noticeably getting better not worse. However, the battle carries on.

Quote:
"I'm still here, and we are cautiously optimistic! My latest oncologist appointment was positive, in that the word "regression" came up 2-3 times. As my oncologist examined the affected body part, I said, "Well, at least it's not getting worse," and she replied, "No, it's not, but we need to do testing down the road to see if there's regression." This is a very sober doctor discussing a highly aggressive disease, so such remarks are epic and encouraging.

Thus, some of what I've been doing seems to be yielding positive results, and everyone's help in that regard has been appreciated greatly, including, of course, financial assistance. If you would like to contribute, please consider donating to the cause and receiving my PDF/ebook special, as in the attached link.

Thank you one and all for your love and support!!"

https://www.facebook.com/acharyas/posts ... 6543135604

Quote:
Fantastic 12-piece ebook offer for a minimum amount of $5 (or more that would benefit legendary author DM Murdock's cancer recovery):

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/acharyapdfs.html

Acharya PDF Collection

This ebook collection includes: 'The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ'; 'Jesus as the Sun throughout History'; 'Who Was Jesus?'; 'Was Mithra Born of a Virgin?'; 'The Acharya Articles Collection'; 'The Zeitgeist Sourcebook'; 'Acharya's Religion 101 for Seekers'

https://www.facebook.com/anja.schoenwal ... 8080915668

For the books see, http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com

In order to win this battle she will continue to need your financial support for supplies and treatments not covered by insurance. So, please help.

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S's Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Dangers of Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:50 am 
Site Admin

July 20th update:

Acharya's still around. Her disease has not progressed, according to latest tests, so that's good news. A few of her treatments - including allopathic - knocked her down, so she's been offline for the most part. She's suffering from chronic dizziness, weakness and nausea that is apparently related to the treatments, not the cancer. It's been very stressful and frightening, unfortunately. That chronic dizziness, weakness and nausea is what keeps Acharya off the net as she can't sit and read much.

We are very hopeful, as she continues to research her best options and to take aggressive anti-cancer measures of the least harmful kind. Right now, she seems to be managing it and preventing it from progressing, so that's great news. The bad news is that she does not feel well most of the time, and no one deserves to suffer like that.

She needs a few treatments that are not provided to her via insurance, which could cost thousands of dollars, so, financial help is extremely important right now and could make the difference between surviving or not.

August 2nd:

https://www.facebook.com/acharyas/posts ... 2003730604

Health update
http://freethoughtnation.com/health-update/

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S’s Breast Cancer Fundraiser

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:52 am 
Site Admin

August 27th:

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S Battling Cancer: Please Help

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S Battling Cancer

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:53 am 
Site Admin

September 22nd update:

Quote:
Hi there,

I hope you're doing well and thank you for your continued interest and support.

We have uploaded to my fundraiser page a new photo of me receiving a cancer treatment:

This particular treatment is hyperthermia, which kills cancer cells through high heat and which has been approved by the FDA for cancer treatment since 1984. We are using other treatments shown in studies published in peer-reviewed journals to kill cancer in humans.

We are seeing encouraging improvements, but I'm told that the hyperthermia treatments, for example, can take 2 to 4 months. Thus, I need to keep raising funds and upping my fundraising goal as time goes on.

My medical team and I are committed to success, and we ask that anyone who wishes to help either donate or pass along this update.

Keep in mind that every little bit helps $5, $10 or $15 from many can make a real difference in my battle with cancer. So please help out if you haven't already.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:15 am 
Site Admin

October 18th, 2015 update:

Quote:
Great news! As my treatment continues, a new MRI shows NO metastasis in my brain! That fact makes things much easier and more hopeful.

Also, the metastasis in my liver has been reduced by about 60%, as has the swelling in my armpit involving my lymph.

Thus, six months after my diagnosis the cancer has neither progressed nor spread but in fact has improved.

The therapies I am receiving at this cancer treatment center are effective, and I am so grateful to everyone who has contributed to the cause in whatever manner to help me continue along this path.

I remain in need of assistance to complete my treatment, so I hope those who are inspired by my improvement will consider helping by donation or passing along the good news.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/ ... fundraiser

Keep in mind that every little bit helps $5, $10 or $15 from many can make a real difference in my battle with cancer. So please help if you haven't already.

For breast cancer victims, there is real hope!

Thank you very much as always.

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

December 18th update
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/ ... tes/138378

Quote:
"Apologies for taking so long for a new update. I am so sorry to inform you that Acharya S/Murdock has taken a turn for the very worse. The cancer has become resistant and come back very aggressively and is taking over her immune system and liver. Chemo-sensitivity testing has revealed that absolutely nothing available can stop this type of cancer at this time.

The doctors have given only days to a week or so to survive. She is spending whatever time she has left with her dear son (only 13 years old), family and friends. We are devastated as we have done everything we possibly could to save her. I have spent the last 4 or 5 nights at the hospital with her to be at her side.

She is extraordinarily special to us. We/she feel like she never got her opportunity to really make her best case for her work in astrotheology and the mythicist position. She planned to do lectures around the country and the world. She was recently invited to be on the FFRF radio show with Dan Barker to discuss her Moses book and she was really looking forward to that. She has about 600 pages for her 2nd edition to her first book but, I am not sure if I will be able to finish it or not as so few can do what she does. I would need assistance possibly from Dr. Price &/or Dr. Zindler to finish that book.

Please continue to donate at her own websites at her donate page as at this point it's really about her son, his well being and his future. I will do my best to take care of him. I will maintain her websites, books etc. Keep in mind that every little bit helps $5, $10 or $15 from many can make a real difference. So please help out however you can if you haven't already.

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/acharyapdfs.html

Needless to say, it is not a very merry Christmas around here."

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

Acharya S/D.M. Murdock Memoriam
http://freethoughtnation.com/acharya-sd ... -memoriam/

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi folks, brace yourself ... here is a pic of Acharya's headstone - notice the personified sun symbol with a face inside it. She passed away on Christmas and her birthday this year just happened to be on Easter - which is fitting for one of the greatest mythicists who ever lived. So, here's an Easter article excerpted from her Moses book:

Moses, the Promised Land and Easter
http://stellarhousepublishing.com/moses-easter.html

We are still grieving terribly. Our hearts are broken and we will never be the same again. We can only be thankful for the time we shared with her and keep her work available.

Please help by donating, which will keep Acharya's websites, books and everything up and running:

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/acharyapdfs.html

http://truthbeknown.com/help.htm

Acharya S/D.M. Murdock Memoriam
http://freethoughtnation.com/acharya-sd ... -memoriam/

Please share

https://www.facebook.com/acharyas/posts ... 7087780604

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

We tried to get American hospitals to use this type of treatment for Acharya and it could've saved her but, it wasn't available yet and needed more trials and testing: Killing Cancer With Viruses and Immunotherapy.

She was accepted into a trial but was then denied by insurance due to crossing state lines. Standard American cancer treatment still sadly prefers radiation and chemo but, with the promising treatments in the link above maybe that will change soon - too late for us though.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Too late for us but, maybe this will help others with inflammatory breast cancer (IBC).

Quote:
"This year alone, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) predicts that over 1.6 million new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. with more than 595,000 who will die from this disease. According to the American Cancer Society, it’s estimated that breast cancer alone will total up to 246,660 new cases for women this year.

There is certainly an immense awareness for breast cancer beyond the month of October, the conversation becomes a focal point at this time of the year, giving us an opportunity to discuss advancements.

While the general public recognizes breast cancer as a single disease, many don’t realize that there are more than ten different types of breast cancer diagnoses, including non-invasive, invasive, recurrent, and metastatic breast cancers. A form of the disease that often goes unheard of is inflammatory breast cancer, or IBC.

Typically diagnosed at either stage III or IV, IBC is a rare and rapidly-progressing form of breast cancer with limited research, education and treatment options. Further, IBC, sadly, is also the deadliest form of the disease.

IBC accounts for one to five percent of all breast cancers diagnosed in the U.S. Its symptoms differ from those of more common breast cancers and can therefore be harder to diagnose, as lumps are not typically felt during physical exams or found through mammogram screenings, which is why it usually goes unnoticed until at least stage III.

At that point for some, approximately 30-35 percent of it has already spread to distant lymph nodes or organs and it is diagnosed as stage IV. According to the NCI, most IBC are invasive ductal carcinomas that are developed from the cells that line the milk ducts of the breast, which then spread beyond the ducts.

My first personal encounter with this disease was in the late 1990s when we entered breast cancer patients into our clinical trials with the nation's first protein bound nanoparticle chemotherapy.

At a lower dose of drug we were surprised by the rapid response to weekly low doses of the drug even in patients with inflammatory breast cancer. The first clue, even then, was that the tumor microenvironment and the body's immune system played an important role in combatting cancer.

The current standard, or status quo, of treatment for IBC — and nearly all other cancers — is generally first with chemotherapy to help shrink the tumor, then with surgery to remove the tumor, followed by radiation therapy.

All of which come with painful and sometimes debilitating side effects — including the most harmful side effect of all — denigration of the immune system.

An intact immune system is desperately needed to fight off the disease. To change the paradigm in how we treat patients with cancer, Cancer MoonShot 2020, a global cancer collaborative, officially launched January this year, was established to educate and engage with oncologists, patients and payers about orchestrating an array of novel approaches to activate the patient's immune system.

It is my firm belief, forged over 25 years of pursuing regenerative and immunotherapy science that only by carefully orchestrating the complex immune system through combining Natural Killer cells, B cells, dendritic cells with immuno-stimulants can we win the war against cancer.

This unprecedented alliance of Cancer MoonShot 2020 comprises of large pharma, biotech, major payers, fortune 50 companies, academia and community oncologists to accelerate this combination immunotherapy approach as the next generation standard of care in patients with cancer. The singular mission of the group is to identify personalized patient treatments to win the war against cancer by 2020.

To date our program is involved in over 20 single agent immune-based therapy Phase 1 and 2 trials in progress. We are exploring patients with cancer at all stages of disease in up to 20 tumor types and in as many as 20,000 patients by the year 2020.

Patients will be enrolled in the QUILT program (Quantum Integrative Lifelong Trial), which will test novel combinations of vaccines, cell-based immunotherapy, metronomic chemotherapy, low dose radiotherapy and immunomodulators, including check point inhibitors, with the goal of achieving durable, long-lasting remission for patients with cancer. The goals and mission of this novel trial has been described in Nature and the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA.)

A major component in identifying treatment strategies for patients lies within GPS Cancer tests. Developed by NantHealth, GPS Cancer is a unique, comprehensive molecular profile of a patient’s cancer that informs oncologists of personalized treatment strategies and identifies therapies that may have clinical benefit for the patient, including the QUILT program.

In combination with these major milestones evolving under the Cancer MoonShot 2020 program, leading oncologists from a variety of renowned institutions have come forth to establish assorted Working Groups for different cancer types. A previous article in The Hill titled "Collaboration, not just money, is what's needed to fight cancer" certainly rings true to the goals of the Cancer MoonShot 2020 program.

Members are bringing their collective wisdom and expertise together creating an unprecedented power to advance the way we treat cancer. To date, we’ve established six Working Groups — including Global Inflammatory Breast Cancer and Breast Cancer.

Our IBC Working Group advocate, Valerie Fraser, who is a patient, survivor, and board member of the Inflammatory Breast Cancer International Consortium (IBC-IC) and diagnosed in 2007 with stage III IBC states:

“Because there is such limited research, knowledge and education about IBC, patients must face many barriers throughout their diagnosis and treatment. Unfortunately, because IBC spreads and metastasizes so rapidly, we just don’t have any time to spare. The Cancer MoonShot 2020 IBC Working Group will offer each IBC patient an innovative, GPS Cancer-informed immunotherapeutic approach exploring the precise biology driving their unique cancer, resulting in better overall treatment outcomes so patients with IBC will finally have a strategic roadmap to successfully conquer this cancer."

We’re excited to work together in this monumental movement to win the war against both common and rare cancers like inflammatory breast cancer. The potential of immunotherapy is massive and with all of the brilliance involved in the Cancer MoonShot 2020 program, we’re looking forward to continuing to work toward our goals at the pace we are making life changing discoveries along the way.

Soon-Shiong is a physician, surgeon and scientist who has pioneered novel therapies for both diabetes and cancer, published over 100 scientific papers, and has over 170 issued patents worldwide on groundbreaking advancements spanning myriad fields of technology and medicine. His pioneering work on the Cancer Moonshot 2020 initiative has recently been featured in Nature and the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA.) Read more about Dr. Soon-Shiong and his decades-long quest to change the current paradigm of cancer care."

- Taking on inflammatory breast cancer

The Mythicist Position

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]