It is currently Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:48 pm 
Jesus

Hello everyone, my first post here. :)

When reading the last chapter of The Christ Conspiracy, titled "Evidence of an Ancient Global Civilization", I couldn't help but to think about the documentary Ancient Aliens on History Channel. A documentry in several episodes featuring among others a man called Giorgio Tsoukalos (whom I first encountered when downloading a podcast in iTunes with the same title as the series above). A man described as a "modern Indiana Jones".

(I have only seen the first episode of the series, but there they mentioned a lot of the things mentioned in the last chapter of The Christ Conspiracy.)

Acharya, do you know Giorgio? Perhaps you've even worked with him during some archeological excavation (Him being Indiana Jones, and you being Lara Croft :wink: )? If you do know of him, is he a "trustable" person, someone with weight to his name or just someone seeking attention?

/S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the party, Solinvictus.

LOL, I'm really surprised that someone hasn't posted about this topic earlier since that show, "Ancient Aliens," is on the History channel all the time. It seems like I've come across it 20 times now. So, I'm glad you brought it up.

Ancient Aliens: The Evidence (Season 1: Episode 1/5)

Acharya does not know Giorgio Tsoukalos. Giorgio Tsoukalos is not an archaeologist. She does know David Hatcher Childress, the Adventures Unlimited Press (AUP) publisher, because he published her first two books Christ Conspiracy and Suns of God.

That show can be fun to watch simply because it provides all those great ancient sacred sites from around the world - until they ruin it by connecting everything to UFO's and aliens. Acharya does NOT subscribe to the 'ancient astronaut theory.' She doesn't care for those History ch. shows or the Erich von Däniken crap at all. Acharya's work demonstrates that those gods mentioned have their origin based in home-grown (earth bound) astrotheology or nature worship. Here are a couple articles explaining that:

Ezekiel's Wheel within a Wheel Revealed

The gods may be crazy, but they are not aliens!

Who are the Anunnaki?

Did the Dogon Know about Sirius B?

Moses, the Promised Land and Easter

Astrotheology of the Ancients

Pygmies in 'The Christ Conspiracy'

It's actually quite disrespectful to our very own human ancient ancestors to claim that UFO's or extraterrestrial aliens built the Egyptian pyramids and created all of our religions. That's the best the aliens could do, ahh? Seriously? Well that went great - NOT!

I wish The History Channel would stop doing such a monumental disservice with such outrageous falsehoods in their "Ancient Aliens" show, or they should just stop calling it the "History Channel."

I'd love to see the Discovery Channel and National Geographic Channel do shows on Acharya's work. E-mail them and put in the request.

Wiki: Ancient Astronauts

RationalWiki: Ancient Aliens

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm 
Jesus

Freethinkaluva22, I don't think that will ever happen (that mainstream media would use her work). At least not in the USA, perhaps such a show would be accepted in parts of Europe. But it would be awesome to use the TV medium as well, to reach out to people.

I wasn't expecting her to subscribe to the theory the series is build on, I was more interested if she had been Indiana Jones'ing with the Giorgio-guy. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

As I stated previously, I enjoy the sacred sites they show and discuss, however, they ruin it when they perform their giant leap of faith attempting to connect everything to UFO's/aliens. It's utterly insulting to our own ancestors. I cringe every time they do it. It's so pathetically wrong.

I enjoyed the video below because they do point out that there are many sacred sites around the world that are in alignment with the sun, moon, solstices, equinoxes, planets, stars and constellations:

Alignments of the Kaaba at 19:17:

Quote:
"... the position of the Kaaba is precisely aligned with the rising of the star Canopus, the cycles of the moon and the summer and winter solstices..."

Alignments at 24:30 describes the Buddhist Ajanta Caves.

Aliens And Sacred Places (S03E03)

Hubal, the moon god of the Kaba

Acts 19:35 (RSV) "And when the town clerk had quieted the crowd, he said, "Men of Ephesus, what man is there who does not know that the city of the Ephesians is temple keeper of the great Ar'temis, and of the sacred stone that fell from the sky?"

More Ancient Aliens videos

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Good catch there, FTL.

If ever I feel the inspiration again, I will have to move forward with my book on Islam. I have hundreds of pages of research and draft already done.

Like their Mesopotamian neighbors heralded as great astrologers such as the Chaldeans, the Muslim and pre-Islamic Arabs were known as keen stargazers. The pre-Muslim Arabs were called "Sabeans" or "Sabians," whose religion was especially astrotheological. Thus, we are guaranteed to find much astrotheology within Islam as well.

The literature on the Sabians is fascinating.

Re the ancient alien business, I agree, obviously, that it sullies up what could be an otherwise fascinating show on these amazing ruins worldwide. Too bad they run immediately to these extraordinary claims while ignoring the simple and logical astrotheological explanations.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 am 

I've watched these shows over the years too and they make me want to pull my hair out at times. It's ridiculous how they point out everything that is aligned to celestial bodies and then logic leap to concluding that because something celestial is pointed out then it must have to do with aliens. Recently they've been running a show about the founding fathers and claiming that they all believed in aliens by quote mining different men talking about the solar symbolism in Christianity and how the masonic built structures in DC point to celestial bodies. It was so freaking stupid because they flashed to a picture of George Washington done up like a solar god and then tried to twist it into an alien agenda.

:roll:

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 am 

All very interesting points.

For more clarification on the subject of ancient astronauts you may like Zecharia Sitchins books. Based on his world wide research and painstaking translations he pieced together the complete creation history of the Sumerian civilization. "The Lost Book of Enki" could be thought of as the culmination of his work however I would suggest a few of his older titles first. He was a prolific writer. In order to get the historical and archaeologic facts first. It is my opinion that much of the Ancient Aliens show is based on Sitchins work and then HollyWoodized. They truely just scratch the surface of what he has discovered.

Also the creation history of the Dakote that blossomed the Dakota, Lahota and Nahota peoples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQqWlfSi34

This was all very interesting to me but I wondered how come now. There seems to be a movement towards disclosure of "others" out there. After many decades/centuries even of repression. I think we will have full disclosure this year. Maybe a ship over the Olympics. Now that would be grand!!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Zecharia Sitchin is not a reliable source. There is no credible reason to believe that the gods of religions were aliens. Unless, of course, they make the specific claim that their religion is alien based like, for example, Heaven’s Gate or Scientology etc. for which we have minimal interest here because they cannot substantiate their claims and fail miserably in their responsibilities of burden of proof.

Who are the Anunnaki?

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 pm 

Without visitors from elsewhere it is impossible to explain some of the ancient ruins. It is only in modern times that the criminal cabal of elitists have stolen history and rewritten it. The big three religions are a tentacle of the same system.

As to the ancients. All we have to go on is that which they left. The foundation stones at Heliopolis(roman name also baal) in Lebanon weigh enough that WE cannot lift them. Our civilization hasn't developed a crane to lift them yet. And once we do we'll have to come up with the machinery to dress them square.

The Egyptians had this technology also and careful examination by machinists have revealed that some esophagus are well within one thousandth of an inch of square. That is an incredible feat of technology that WE still don't posess!!!

The ancients wanted all that come after them to know and wonder at their technology. And WE still do. However what had been the star peoples of old has been corrupted into the Gods of Judaism, Islam and Christianity!!

Personally it is my belief that they used electrogravity but that's another story.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Without visitors from elsewhere it is impossible to explain some of the ancient ruins.

Completely false. There exists nothing that I'm aware of that suggests any ancient ruins were created by extra terrestrials.

Quote:
It is only in modern times that the criminal cabal of elitists have stolen history and rewritten it.

Completely false. We have a history of humans re-writing history according to who wins a war or takes over politically or for religious reasons, for example. Aliens are not needed to explain anything.

This is all fun sci-fi fiction but this forum is for those who have read or are interested in the works by Acharya S. I'm sure there are plenty of other forums that may actually believe that all human achievements should be accredited to aliens but, it's not here. At this forum we feel it's quite disrespectful to our very own human ancient ancestors who did achieve all those things by taking it from them and attributing credit instead to aliens who we do not know and can't even prove existed.

We now know how the Egyptian pyramids were built. Aliens had nothing to do with it. And, we could actually do it today but, it would take an enormous amount of time, labor and money so, it wouldn't be profitable. Therefore, no construction company would do it that way because they'd never make enough money to justify it. That's capitalism for ya.

Perhaps you should read the posts throughout this thread. We're open to credible evidence of life elsewhere but, we require valid evidence and remain agnostic or neutral on that subject until that evidence presents itself. There's just no credible reason to believe that aliens are responsible for our very own human achievements.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 am 

Also, did Aliens have to come down to Florida in the last century in order to build Edward Leedskalnin's "Coral Castle" in homestead?

Now obviously Edward new the secret of the monolithic builders and proved that by physically building the Coral Castle once, and then moving the entire thing piece by piece to a new location. Edward left the specifics of the knowledge mysterious and people are still trying to figure out how exactly he did it. And it could have to do with effecting the weight of the stones via electro manipulation of matter.

Now you could still argue that he knew of a knowledge handed down from ancient times by aliens, but then you have to also consider other explanations as well, such as the notion that we have evolved to higher ages of technology in the past which have gone down in disaster and only traces of that knowledge once acquired here on earth, survived. That would be the position of people like John West, Laird Scranton, Walter Cruttenden, etc:

And these are more extreme explanations. Edward could have known of some more basic system of leverage. But in anycase, aliens are not an automic given when analyzing the mysteries of our past...

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:03 pm 

The video posted above does indeed show how to stand up amazingly heavy stones. But what it doesn't show us is how the ancients could cut stone that is so hard you need diamond or something other than stone (lasers or some other media) to cut them with such precision. Not only that, but how they quarried mega ton blocks from the side of a mountain. Not done yet, how they moved them down that mountain and up to the top of another mountain. Then stacked these stones on top of each. Even fitted so well that you cant fit a piece of paper in between them.

Now im not saying aliens did it, but they obviously had some kind of technology that we still dont know of yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 pm 

That's fair enough, there is indeed a lot about the ancients we don't know, and I think that's the main point we're trying to make really- we do NOT know, hence we don't know that aliens did it, hence it's an unjustified presumption to think that aliens did it.

I mean, honestly, I kind of dig ancient astronaut theories myself, I've read Chariots of the Gods and caught several episodes of the History Channel show. It's a very interesting proposal, but however, it is a very poorly supported proposal. I think it would be kick-ass if other intelligent civilizations exist and have even made contact with us. But until I obtain hard evidence for such, I can't very well go around claiming that such is the case, now can I?

Plus, a lot of what I've seen in ancient alien circles, especially on that HC show, is grasping at straws and fudging things into an appeal to aliens, any little anomaly that turns up, and that guy with the Kramer hair-do proclaims "there is NO other possible explanation except that extraterrestrials _____", [fill in the blank with bullshit].

That just hurts their own credibility all the more.

As an avid reader of Egyptian mythology as a hobby, even I, as a layman, could spot the one picture of a flower pot being passed off as the eyes of a 'grey' alien. I had seen that same picture before several times in context. And even if it were a 'grey', it wouldn't make sense in the overall context of that particular picture. Same with the alleged helicopter hieroglyphs. If you can find a translation of the other texts surrounding them, it has nothing to do with flying machines or chariots of gods or anything of the like, helicopters would be entirely nonsensical in that inscription.

As for your statements above, while you may have had other megaliths in mind, I know that people bring up a similar objection in regards to the great Pyramids and their stones, but we now know many of the stones were not cut & carried in whole, but were actually poured as a liquid slurry into a mold, much like pouring cement. So no need to carry a multi-ton block a large distance or height when you can just carry a bucket of slurry at a time, and no need to cut them with lasers when pouring liquid into a collapsable portable mold is probably much easier and requires less scientific know-how.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm 

The Ancient Aliens show is a pretty bad hack job. The Kramer haired guy is way overboard too.

I was originally taken in by these mystery shows on TV though. After leaving theism behind I was open to looking for alternate explanations and I ran into "Chariots of the Gods" because my grandfather had a copy in his personal library. And soon I was interested in the mysteries of the monolithic builders. That evolved into an interest in comparative mythology and religion through people like Campbel and Watt's and eventually I went deeper into it and found the case for mythicism and astrotheology.

And I still have a hard time believing that we're the only game around. So I'm not opposed to the 'possibility' of extraterrestrial life or the 'possibility' of visitations from ancient times up unto present. But this is far from certain. This is maybe, and possibly, and could be type material at best. Until it's proven beyond question I wouldn't stand forward making positive assertions for alien life or visitation.

And at best, if this were to be proven true, it still doesn't change the hack jobs we find on the historical channel. It would simply mean that (1) aliens have visited and do visit and (2) all of these solar symbols in mythology which are clearly about the sun, the sun in the sky, are still about the sun in the sky. The main problem here is that a good portion of this so-called evidence from mythology is clearly addressed to astrotheology and personifications of heavenly bodies more so than trying to literally describe alien beings. That's what Murdock demonstrates in the link. If one day aliens arrive all over the world and CCN takes up live coverage, than so be it. Then we'll have to figure out which parts of the myths are really about aliens and which are not. Until then we're merely discussing Sci-fi....

:lol:

ZG Part 1