It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

In this thread I'd like to explore the Bootes Constellation and it's possible relationship between Adam, Eve and the serpent at the garden of Eden, to that of Joseph, Mary and Herod. Is this another case of using the Old Testament as a blueprint for the creation of the New Testament by Christianizing old Jewish, Egyptian and other similar stories? If so, we have the fall of man and the creation of sin coming full circle with the birth of Jesus as the son of god being crucified as the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of humanity that we are all familiar with and it's all written in the stars. We also have Christian ministers themselves claiming that the Bootes constellation along with the coming four blood moons in 2014 & 15 is a sign for the return of Jesus as further explained in the second post below.

First, a little background:

Quote:
Boötes Constellation:

"A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near virgo and Corona Borealis. It contains the bright star Arcturus. Boötes (the Plowman or Herdsman) is one of the earliest recorded constellations."

The American Heritage Science Dictionary
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootes?s=t

Quote:
The constellation's name, which itself means "oxen-driver" or "herdsman"

Boötes is a constellation bordered by Virgo to the south, Coma Berenices and Canes Venatici to the west, Ursa Major to the northwest, Draco to the northeast, and Hercules, Corona Borealis and Serpens Caput to the east.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo%C3%B6tes

Quote:
Herdsman:

1. a herder; the keeper of a herd, especially of cattle or sheep.
2. Astronomy the constellation Boötes.

"In Egypt herdsmen were probably of the lowest caste. Some of Joseph's brethren were made rulers over Pharaoh's cattle (Gen. 47:6, 17). The Israelites were known in Egypt as "keepers of cattle;" and when they left it they took their flocks and herds with them (Ex. 12:38). Both David and Saul came from "following the herd" to occupy the throne (1 Sam. 9; 11:5; Ps. 78:70). David's herd-masters were among his chief officers of state. The daughters also of wealthy chiefs were wont to tend the flocks of the family (Gen. 29:9; Ex. 2:16). The "chief of the herdsmen" was in the time of the monarchy an officer of high rank (1 Sam. 21:7; comp. 1 Chr. 27:29). The herdsmen lived in tents (Isa. 38:12; Jer. 6:3); and there were folds for the cattle (Num. 32:16), and watch-towers for the herdsmen, that he might therefrom observe any coming danger (Micah 4:8; Nah. 3:8)."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/herdsman?s=t

"Bootes, the Coming One"

Give this link a good going over, I'm skeptical of its accuracy but cite it here just as a reference - The Garden of Eden, astronomy & myth

Quote:
"The serpent of iniquity, who plays the part of the Tempter, must therefore be viewed in an astronomical rather than an ethical or moral character, which, for purposes of allegory, has not been made an enviable one. He is the villain of the drama, and rather an elongated one at that, for, as found described on the planisphere "his tail drew after him a third part of the stars of heaven" (Rev. 12:4), or from Cancer to Libra, which are four constellations, a third of the twelve. Going before, he leads the woman towards the setting point in the west, therefore his office is to "seduce" (Latin seducere, to lead on or go before), while the enamored Adam (the constellation Bootes or 'foster-father') follows in true conjugal spirit towards the horizon, driven forth by the Power that causes the revolution of the heavens which carries them out of the Garden. At the moment of expulsion, or as the figures of Adam (Bootes) and Eve (Virgo) are sinking from sight below the Western horizon, the constellation Perseus appears in the east, grim in armor and helmet, a being of vengeance holding aloft a flaming sword".

- The Sun Book (1998) by John Hazelrigg, 35-36."

Acharya mentions the Bootes constellation in Christ Conspiracy pages 188-9 citing the quote above and 249-50 citing Hazelrigg below:

Quote:
"Hazelrigg further demonstrates the antiquity of "Joseph," its existence in other cultures and its deep astrotheological meaning:

"And what of this espousal to Joseph, who was the Ioseppe of the Phoenicians, and Ananda of the Hindus, the Zeus-husband of Leto and the parent of Apollo-of the cosmogonic apologue? According to the Gospels: "Joseph went up to Nazareth, which is in Galilee, and came into the City of David, called Bethlehem, because he was of that tribe, to be inscribed with Mary his wife, who was with child." And here, in the city of David, or the celestial expanse, called Bethlehem, the sixth constellation, Virgo, the harvest mansion, do we discover Joseph (the constellation of Bootes, Ioseppe) and his wife Mary was with child. Here is personified a constellation whose very name (Ioseppe, the manger of Io, or the Moon) typifies the humble place of accouchement of all the Virgin Mothers, and, as related to Virgo, the genesis of all Messianic tradition." (Hazelrigg, 108)

"In fact, the Greek name for the constellation of Bootes, or Adam, is Ioseppe or Joseph."

P.S. This years theme for the 2014 Astrotheology Calendar is the blood red moon. At Amazon: 2014 Astrotheology Calendar

The cover includes an artist's rendition of Herod's Temple in Jerusalem under a blood red moon:

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Below is a Christian minister discussing his belief that Jesus's return is written in the night sky i.e. astrotheology.

Quote:
Is 2nd Coming of Jesus etched in night sky?

Is it possible the return of Jesus Christ to Earth has been foretold not only in the Bible, but also in the night sky since the creation of the universe?

"A Christian minister who uses NASA tracking of solar and lunar eclipses in his teaching of the great event is now explaining how at least one constellation is an outright declaration of the “Second Coming.”

In a new DVD series called “Studies in Our Hebrew Roots,” Mark Biltz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries in Bonney Lake, Wash., revisits what he and some others believe is the biblical plan of God on display in the physical heavens.

In his videotaped lectures, Biltz focuses on a star called Arcturus, which is mentioned in the Old Testament Book of Job: “Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.” (Job 9:9)

If one were to consult a map of the night sky, Arcturus could be found in the “left knee” of a constellation called Bo-otes (often spelled Bootes), meaning “the Coming One,” depicted as a warrior coming to harvest, according to Biltz, citing previous research by noted 19th century Bible scholar E.W. Bullinger who wrote “The Witness of the Stars.”

Biltz explains the Hebrew word translated as “Arcturus” in Job comes from the same root word found in the Book of Joel discussing the return of Jesus, but is rendered in Joel 3:11 as “assemble.”

“The word ‘assemble’ is the same word that is translated as ‘Arcturus’ in Job,” he said. “So it means the same thing, to assemble, to come. And if you’ll notice the word ‘come’ is ‘bo,’ which is the name of this constellation: ‘Bo-otes.’ So this constellation …. He’s got a sickle in one hand and a spear in the other. This is a sign of the Messiah who says ‘I’m coming.’ That’s what this constellation is all about, the Coming One. In Revelation it talks about He has a sickle in His hand.”

The Book of Revelation states from the apostle John’s perspective, “And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. … And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.” (Revelation 14:14-16) ..."

"The constellation known as Bo-otes (Bootes), or “the Coming One,” shows a man with a sickle coming to reap a harvest, and, according to some, is a heavenly sign predicting the return of Jesus to Earth."

(Bold emphasis mine)

"Bootes, the Coming One"

In the Old Testament, the prophet Joel states at Joel 2:31: "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come."

In the New Testament, Jesus says at Matthew 24:29-30: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light … And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Linking the Eclipses to the Coming of Messiah

The Coming Four Blood Moons, pt. 1

Quote:
Harvesting the Earth and Trampling the Winepress

Revelation 14:14-20:

"14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man[a] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia."

Footnotes:

a Revelation 14:14 See Daniel 7:13.
b Revelation 14:20 That is, about 180 miles or about 300 kilometers

Gotta love the blood rising as high as the horses’ bridles. I'm reminded of:

Quote:
The burning of unbelievers during the Inquisition was based on the words of Jesus:

John 15:6 "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

- From a former Preacher of 20 years: "Why Jesus?"

Will there be a new modern day dark age in the near future due to the scriptures above in Revelation 14:14-20? Will Christians see it as a right to slaughter all non-believers once again?

Revelation and Jesus' return killing 1/3rd of human population

Quote:
"Ever since Christ's death, many Christians have been expecting the second coming in their immediate future. Most believe that Christ will not actually land or stay on earth at this time; the "real" second coming will occur later, when he returns on a horse leading an army on horseback who will exterminate one third of the earth's population in a massive genocide. It will be numerically the largest mass extermination of humans in history."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rapture.htm

Bold emphasis mine. The above quote has been removed from the website a couple years ago but, I still have it saved.

Plus, the fact that of the prophecies such as the 6th Trumpet - Revelation 9:13-15 the mass murder of 1/3rd of the worlds population (which will consist of all non-believers; sounds like a new, modern day Inquisition to me). Remember the apocalypse, Armageddon and the tribulation period, Remember how it says that the blood will be at the horses bridle at Revelation 14:20, and that man will become more scarce than gold at Isaiah 13:12? After all is said and done, eventually 2/3rds of the human population will be destroyed - mostly non-believers of course.

GOP Lawmakers Propose Official State Religion

Half of Christians Think Jesus Will Return Within 40 Years

Pagan Destruction Chronology

Have 250 million been killed in the name of Christianity?

2014 and 2015 will come and go same as Harold Camping's claims of Jesus' return on May 21st 2011 and "The End of the World" October 21, 2011. I just hope 2014 and 2015 won't become the start of the new, modern day Inquisition against non-believers.

For more info on the wine press cult history go here

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am 

This bootes thing is interesting.

I may need to try and get Tulip to have a look at this in comparison to what we've already pulled out of Revelation with Draco and Ursa minor as the "Dragon" and "Beast." I'm sure Bootes ties into this same general astrotheological theme.

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Indeed, I'd love to hear Robert Tulips' view of all of this whenever he has the time to wrap his head around it all. In fact, I had you guys in mind as I was posting all of this. It has been too time-consuming thus far to separate the facts from fiction and all the related confusion but, may end up being a worthy endeavor in the end. Is this the thread you're talking about?: Zep Tepi - Egyptian Creation Myths

It has been quite interesting and amusing to watch Christian ministers and credentialed people such as Craig M. Lyons Ms.D., D.D., M.Div. and his article: The Garden of Eden, astronomy & myth make the case for astrotheology for us. Notice he cites Acharya, Walker, Jackson, Doane, Higgins, Massey, Hazelrigg and more. Lyons starts the article off by saying:

Quote:
"The Bible's similarities with Egyptian, Greek and Babylonian mythology are too close to be a coincidence. The Bible’s writers weren't isolated from other cultures and they didn't get their ideas by sitting on some mountaintop meditating with God; they were inspired by the creation myths they came in contact with. The polite word is called syncretism; but since the Church hides that fact, the better term is plagiarism. This sample collection of creation myths is intended to show that creation myths were common to the ancient cultures from which the Jewish Bible was “inspired”."

But, as if that's not enough, check out Craig M. Lyons' "astrotheology.weebly.com" (not sure what a "weebly" is but maybe that's suppose to be weekly?): Astrotheology and the Truth About "Jesus Christ" as Found in the New Testament, however, once there, the listed links won't work - they've been removed and all put on a CD, which he is asking for: "a minimum donation made out to Craig Lyons of $50.00 for literally my life's work...twenty years of scholarly study into the true origins of the Christian faith..."

WHAT? :shock: , Craig M. Lyons' Recommended Reading list:

Quote:
Recommended Reading:

The Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S SIMPLY GREAT
Bible Myths and Parallels In Other Religions by T. W. Doane SIMPLY GREAT
Aryan Sun-Myths The Origin of Religion (1899) by Charles Morris SIMPLY GREAT
The Jesus Mysteries by Freke and Gandy SIMPLY GREAT
The Woman's Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects by Barbara Walker SIMPLY GREAT
Jesus: God, Man, Or Myth? by Herbert Cutner SIMPLY GREAT
The Book Your Church Does Not Want You To Read by Tim C Leedom SIMPLY GREAT
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors by Kersey Graves
Pagan Christs by J. M. Robertson
The Christ Myth by Arthur Drews
The Astrological Foundation Of The Christ Myth by Malik H. Jabbar
Jesus: Pagan Christ Or Jewish Messiah? A Skeptic's Search For The Historical Jesus by Lawrence E. Dalton and Shirley S. Dalton
The Christ: A Critical Review And Analysis Of The Evidence Of His Existence by John Remsberg
The Jesus Puzzle: Did Christianity Begin With A Mythical Christ? by Earl Doherty SIMPLY GREAT

If there's anything we can do to help them and encourage them, we should contact them, or, maybe a "thank you" or high-5 will end up being in order? We'll see, Willsee.

Here's some related commentary from Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval:

http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/rea ... 222213&v=f

http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/rea ... 1&t=220763

and whoever this is - http://sentientrealities.blogspot.com/2 ... avens.html

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am 

Wow, it looks like the paradigm shift is happening in real time. Interesting watching this unfold as we've all been predicting it would for so many years now. At first the push was to flat out deny and dismiss any parallels or astrotheological content. Things are changing.

BTW, it was the Zep Tepi thread I was referring to. This Bootes thing could very well open up yet another dimension to the myth that we were previously neglecting.

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:04 am 

Hi FTL, thanks for starting this thread.

I was somewhat skeptical of the material in it when I looked at Hazelrigg and found his 1912 book was republished by Hilton Hotema, who has a reputation for credulity. And I still have not been able to work out how the four total lunar eclipses over the next two years relate to Bootes.

Eclipse details are at http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEdecade/LEdecade2011.html I recently did some research on the moon at the foot of the woman described at Rev 12:1, in terms of the Passover blood moon of 4BC, one of the alleged birth dates of Jesus. These next passover blood moons in 2014 and 2015 provide a great further opportunity for a popular visual understanding of precession, since the blood moon was used in ancient astronomy, for example by Hipparchus, as the main key to seeing where exactly the stars were against the seasons.

There must have been many more stories about the stars in the ancient world than have survived. So the link between Bootes, Adam and Joseph appears plausible, linking to Virgo as Eve and Mary.

I was like wow gag me with a spoon when I watched the youtube pastor about how Genesis 1 must be true. Quite a sociological experience for me that one. Not sure of its relevance to Bootes.

I mostly liked Craig Lyons' paper http://ww.jesusastrotheology.com/adam_e ... _where.htm as it puts Christianity in a precessional stellar context. For example the speculation about Perseus as the cherub with flaming sword seems reasonable. My own idea on this is that the fall from grace represents the shift of the equinox from Gemini to Taurus in the fifth millennium BC, so Gemini matches to the cherubim, but this is just an idea.

Lyons gets some things wrong, for example that the sun reaches zenith on the solstice and appears to stop at noon. This is just bad astronomy - the solstice stopping refers just to the horizon position, and the sun only reaches zenith in the tropics. I like a lot of Lyons paper, for example his suggestion that the four arms of the cross represent the length of the day at the four season cardinal points.

But there are a number of other speculative claims he makes that deserve challenge, for example on the identity of the two trees in the Garden of Eden as Thuban and Polaris. And on his suggestion of records of in vitro fertilization from 35,000 BC, what do we say? Lyons himself says it "is absolutely amazing. But that is a study for another day." I don't think it enhances his credibility.

The unfortunate thing is that the lack of discussion of these topics, such as his ruminations on the meaning of the fall from grace, are nothing more than personal speculation, and really should be opened up to challenge. I personally find the myth of the fall to be meaningful, and I don't think that a rejection of the literal tradition goes anywhere near to explaining its archetypal meaning.

Speaking of Bootes and its bright star Arcturus, here is a rather mind-blowing picture of how big Arcturus is compared to the sun. And remember, the sun is 100 times as wide as the earth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

The Theology of Government Shutdown: Christian Dominionism

Fox News Asks If 4 Blood Moons A Sign Of Apocolyptic The End Times

4 Blood Moons: Signs In The Heavens (Solar And Lunar Eclipse 2014; 2015) by John Hagee

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:54 pm 

LMAO

At 2:50 they illustrate the 2014 blood moons on the Jewish religious festivals. Hagee thinks it's beyond coincidence.

Well you don't say Hagee ole' boy, do you mean to tell me that a herder - wanderer, desert lunar cult based, middle eastern culture held, and still hold religious festivals that will coincide with specific lunar events through out history?

Who'd of guessed?

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
54 Bible Verses about The Red Moon

Revelation 6:12-14 ESV (English Standard Version) When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Acts 2:20 ESV The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.

Joel 2:31 ESV The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Revelation 7:1-17 ESV After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: 12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed, 12,000 from the tribe of Reuben, 12,000 from the tribe of Gad, ...

Revelation 1:1-20 ESV The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood ...

Matthew 24:29 ESV “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 12:1-17 ESV And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, ...

Romans 10:9 ESV Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Matthew 24:14 ESV And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Revelation 3:10 ESV Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

Romans 11:29 ESV For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Romans 6:23 ESV For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 14:1-31 ESV “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” ...

Matthew 7:15 ESV “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

John 10:30 ESV I and the Father are one.”

John 3:16 ESV “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 24:30 ESV Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Isaiah 26:18-20 ESV We were pregnant, we writhed, but we have given birth to wind. We have accomplished no deliverance in the earth, and the inhabitants of the world have not fallen. Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by.

Daniel 12:1 ESV “At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.

Psalm 91:1-16 ESV He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

Romans 1:20 ESV For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Matthew 7:22 ESV On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

Joel 2:30 ESV “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke.

Daniel 9:24-27 ESV “Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 ESV For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Revelation 17:1-18 ESV Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations.” ...

1 Peter 5:8 ESV Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Acts 2:38 ESV And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 ESV Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,

Matthew 24:31 ESV And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2 Corinthians 13:5 ESV Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Romans 1:18 ESV For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

John 11:35 ESV Jesus wept.

Matthew 3:13-17 ESV Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Daniel 9:27 ESV And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

Daniel 3:28 ESV Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 ESV For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

Proverbs 29:18 ESV Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.

Psalm 14:1 ESV To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Revelation 17:10 ESV They are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.

1 John 2:18 ESV Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

2 Peter 3:10 ESV But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

Romans 8:28 ESV And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Genesis 1:14-19 ESV And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. ...

Genesis 1:2 ESV The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Acts 16:13 ESV And on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to the riverside, where we supposed there was a place of prayer, and we sat down and spoke to the women who had come together.

Jeremiah 23:1-40 ESV “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: “You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the Lord. Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set shepherds over them who will care for them, and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be missing, declares the Lord. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 ESV Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

Genesis 1:1 ESV In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

48 Bible Verses about Astronomy

The Blood Moon Prophecy

Blood Moon Prophecy 2014 - 2015

Does Revelation 12 Confirm The Blood Moon 2014 Timeline?

The rare celestial event of four consecutive total lunar eclipses is known as a tetrad, which is simply a "group of four."

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 pm 

Wow!!!

So they're really going to go there so soon after Camping's failed rapture date folly?

This one has a little more sophistication though - actually trying to use good old fashion astrotheology to get to a rapture date. But all the same, it will be interesting to watch the dates come and go again.

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, it just seems like the WWE or any other big business, they can always find a way to keep it going kinda like the energize bunny. This one is quite special though since everybody will actually be able to see the blood red moons, the Bootes constellation, Virgo etc. That's something new for folks alive today and I'm sure it will have a huge impact on them. That's where I see an opportunity for us to spread a 'Great Commission' of our own - the mythicist position.

I'd like to see a video explaining the mythology behind it such as is laid out in this very thread so folks could see an another example of astrotheology, mythicism and the mythicist position at work right before their very eyes. I think we'd win over quite a few people over time after they studied it like most all of us here. The Evangelicals are doing us a huge favor by making such a big deal out of the astrotheology of the blood red moons and bringing it to the forefront and into the media for us in a way we're just not been able to do ourselves.

So, we really need to jump on it and ride that wave and turn this into a huge opportunity. Be prepared, I bet everything they plan to blitz come Passover and Easter wayyyy more than normal. They will hype this up like Evel Knievel or Lady Gaga. We should plan a great response video. Geeez, we sure miss Alan/Spaceagebachelor. We need a new video guy.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

P.S. I'm swamped and could use some help searching for any blood red moon parallels in the Koran/Islam. The 2014 Astrotheology Calendar is back on starting today since Acharya doesn't think she can finish the new Moses book by Turkey day or Christmas either. It will be out in time for Passover/Easter though.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm 

Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
P.S. I'm swamped and could use some help searching for any blood red moon parallels in the Koran/Islam. The 2014 Astrotheology Calendar is back on starting today since Acharya doesn't think she can finish the new Moses book by Turkey day or Christmas either. It will be out in time for Passover/Easter though.

Hi FTL, great news about the Astrotheology Calendar. I was going to post the material I sent you about the blood moons, but am happy to wait if you are going to include it in the calendar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, she's giving your article on the red moon event a going over. We'll see what she has to say about it and go from there. Are there any changes you'd like to make?

I was hoping the 2014 calendar with the blood red moon theme would be resurrected :mrgreen:

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

I'm telling ya, this stuff is going to explode as we approach Passover and Easter 2014! :wink:

Be sure to check out the ORLANDO PROPHECY SUMMIT first chance ya get on March 28-30, 2014, to see:

Quote:
"24 world-class speakers ... taking the stage at the spectacular Renaissance Sea World Hotel..." "... Registration for the 3-day event is $90.00. The Renaissance Seaworld is a modern day palace, a true luxury hotel that can hold a very large audience. Sunshine—beautiful beaches—a free kiddie water park on the grounds—Sea World right across the street—and 24 well-known speakers—what's not to like?"

Quote:
The Gospel in the Stars: Part 1

By J.R. Church

Long before men perverted the message of the constellations and established ancient idolatry, God named the stars and set them in the heavens for signs:

“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years” (Genesis 1:14).

The book of Job predates the writing of Genesis. Though it is part of the Bible, it was written about a man who lived before Moses. Job had no written Bible. The Bible this ancient pilgrim read consisted of a series of constellations that appeared in the night skies high above the earth.

There are references to these constellations in the book of Job, along with an explanation of why they appear as they do in the heavens. Job 26 tells us that the “crooked serpent” is one of God’s leading characters in this drama of the ages and that these constellations — these “pillars of heaven” — make up the “parts” of God’s “ways”:

“The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

“By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

“Lo, these are parts of his ways … (Job 26:11,13-14).

These verses explain that the constellations were devised to teach early man about God’s plan for redemption. In the writings of his five famous books, Moses noted that the sun, moon, planets and stars were given for “signs” (Genesis 1:14).

In The Gospel in the Stars, Joseph Seiss wrote: “For ages this whole field has been almost entirely left to a superstitious and idolatrous astrology, which has befouled a noble and divine science and done immeasurable damage to the souls of men. But we here find it claimed to be a sacred domain laid out of God in the original intent of Creation itself.”

Cicero, in translating the account of the constellations by Aratus, says, “The signs are measured out, that in so many descriptions divine wisdom might appear.”

Dr. Adam Clarke says of the ancient Egyptians, “They held the stars to be symbols of sacred things.” It is well known that “astronomy was the soul of the Egyptian religious system. The same is equally true of the Chaldeans and Assyrians.”

Albert Barnes once wrote: “There can be no doubt that Job refers here to the constellations,” and that “the sense in the passage is, that the greatness and glory of God are seen by forming the beautiful and glorious constellations that adorn the sky.”

The constellations were known and studied as far back as the earliest civilizations known to exist. The Sphinx that guards the Great Pyramid of Giza, with its woman’s head and lion’s body, testifies to the ancient existence of the constellations. The Zodiac is part of every ancient culture – the Romans, Greeks, Babylonians and Egyptians. Yet, before them all, Job confirmed that God had garnished the heavens with “pillars” — including the “crooked serpent” — and that they represent the “parts of his ways.”

The Characters in the Drama

The “serpent” mentioned in Job 26:13 is one of the leading characters noted in Job’s Mazzaroth (Zodiac). The various constellations that refer to the serpent are:

Draco – a dragon curled around the northern polar star and whose tail covers a third of the circle of the heavens.

Cetus – the Leviathan or sea dragon.

Scorpio – the seed of the serpent.

Hydra – the many-headed dragon, whose tail also covers a third of the ecliptic path of the sun.

The Hebrew term used for “crooked” actually refers to a “fleeing” serpent. Among the various serpent figures in the Zodiac, Hydra is the only one seen trying to get away from the lion, who pounces on his head; the bird, who eats his flesh; and the bowl of wrath being poured out upon him. Therefore, Hydra appears to be the “fleeing serpent” referred to in this most ancient of Old Testament books.

Job knew about the story God had placed in the stars. It is the story of the conflict between the Seed of the woman (Virgo) and Scorpio, the seed of the serpent. The son of Virgo is none other than the Son of God, while Scorpio points to the Antichrist.

Christ is depicted in the constellations in various ways. The first and last constellations tell the story of the Savior. They are Virgo – who bears the Son of God and Leo – the Conquering Lion who comes to destroy Hydra, the many-headed Dragon. The story begins in Bethlehem and ends with the King of kings returning to conquer the old serpent who brought such ruin to the human race.

Job does not give a detailed account of the Zodiac, but refers briefly to those constellations that deal with the final judgment. He is asked about certain objects in the constellation of Taurus. It is quite remarkable that the conversation lands on this particular series of stars and sidereal sidepieces in Taurus because this is the constellation that deals with the “Day of the Lord.” Note that God refers to a group of stars called the Pleiades and the constellation of Orion, both found in and around Taurus. Then Job refers to Arcturus (KJV), whose name in Hebrew is Ash  “bear,” a clear reference to Ursa Major; and finally to the “chambers of the south”:

“Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

“Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.

“Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number” (Job 9:8-10).

Before we look at these, let us note one other passage that deals with these same constellations. Note that the ancient star chart is called by its Hebrew term, “Mazzaroth,” rather than the modern term, Zodiac:

“Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

“Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

“Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? (Job 38:31-33)

This is a powerful statement that connects the last four constellations with a future designated time in which the mighty Orion returns to judge the world — as seen in the four concluding constellations of Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and Leo. These are the “ordinances of heaven” that, evidently, Job did not understand.

The seven stars of Pleiades may be a reference to the seven churches of Asia. In ancient Greek mythology, Pleiades were seven sisters loved by Orion. Their astronomical positions in relation to each other are similar to the various locations of the seven cities of ancient Asia. The “sweet influences” may be a reference to the impact Christianity has had upon the world over the past two millennia.

The “bands of Orion” refers to the mighty belt of which he is invincibly girded, whose bands no one can loose. In the corrupted mythology of the Greeks, Orion walked on water; was stung in the heal by Scorpio; prepared a lake of fire for the god of fire; and out of love for the Pleiadic maiden, ridded the earth of all noxious beasts. Though corrupted, the original message is obvious. Christ displayed all of the attributes of Orion.

Taurus, depicted in the heavens as a raging bull, means “the Coming Judge.” Over a century ago, Joseph Seiss titled his chapter on Taurus as “The Day of the Lord.” The twelve major constellations, beginning with Virgo and ending with Leo, are divided into three groups of four constellations each. The first four, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and Sagittarius, present the First Advent of Christ. The next four, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, and Aries, tell the story of the Church Age. The final four, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo, tell of the Second Advent of Christ.

Like Job, however, we must admit ignorance when it comes to the question that God put to the ancient pilgrim: “Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?” (Job 38:33). We can only speculate. We know very little about these “ordinances of heaven.”

The Biblical View of the Constellations

David wrote, “The heavens declare the glory of God … Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.” Obviously, there is a message in the heavens that we need to understand.

For centuries, astrologers have been prognosticating the future, using the zodiac and its series of planets, stars and constellations. Where did they get the idea for such a thing? What is Astrology? And, what possible connection does it have with the Bible?

We are reminded that astrology is a wicked and perverted religion. It was the idolatry of the Old Testament, and should rightly be regarded as satanic. Long before astrology was developed, however, there was an ancient astronomy that dealt with an altogether different message. Students of Eschatology need to understand that message. It is the original prophecy of the First and Second Advents of the Messiah.

If Christians could only understand the original prophetic message given in the ancient names of the stars and constellations, no one would become ignorantly involved with astrology. The truth would indeed set men free from that ancient idolatry.

According to Flavius Josephus, a Jewish historian of the first century, Seth, the son of Adam, invented “that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies and their order” (“Antiquities,” Book I, Chapter 2, Paragraph 3).

Long before the development of astrology, God placed His intriguing message in the constellations. Every pagan religion throughout history is nothing more than a perversion of that original story. During the days of the Tower of Babel, wicked men perverted God’s original message and made the constellations to mean something quite different from that which God intended.

According to Genesis 1:14, God created the sun, moon, planets, and stars for four basic reasons — three of which, were to give the human race a method by which to measure time. For example, the days of our week are named after the sun, moon, and five planets.

Though the stars were basically stationary, these seven ancient wanderers were not. They moved through the heavens with precision. Sunday was named for the sun; Monday was named for the moon; Tuesday derived its name from an ancient Anglo-Saxon word for Mars; Wednesday, or Woden’s day, was named for the planet Mercury; Thursday, or Thor’s day, was named for Jupiter; Friday derived its name from an Anglo-Saxon word for Venus; And Saturday was named for Saturn.

There are twelve major constellations from which are derived the months in a year. The sun enters a different constellation each month. The moon was made to revolve for the counting of those months. In fact, the word “month” is a derivative from the term “moon.”

The stars were originally divided into 48 constellations — 12 major constellations, with 36 decans or sidereal sidepieces.

Furthermore, the stars were given certain names, many of which have survived throughout the course of history. In Psalm 147:4, we are told that God named the stars: “He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names.”

And again in Isaiah 40:26, the prophet wrote: “Lift up your eyes on high and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number; He calleth them all by names by the greatness of His might, for that He is strong in power; not one faileth.”

When David wrote, “night unto night sheweth knowledge” (Psalm 19:2), he must have been referring to meanings of the names of the stars. Though most people in our generation are not aware of those ancient names, David and his contemporaries were. In his native language of Hebrew, the names of the stars were commonly used in messianic prophecies.

Kenneth C. Flemming, in his book “God’s Voice in the Stars,” wrote, “God Himself is responsible for the names of the stars. He did not entrust this task to Adam, as He did in the giving of names to animals.

“During the first 2,500 years of human history, before writing became widespread, these signs in the night sky were of particular importance. They declared the glory of God as seen in the coming of the Savior” (page 23).

Where to Begin?

Since the great constellations tell the Gospel story, we must determine where our study should begin. In the idolatrous religion of astrology, the first constellation is considered to be Aries. Idolatry, however, is diametrically opposite to God’s great message of salvation. Therefore, the beginning constellation should be 180 degrees opposite from Aries. The Gospel in the stars begins with Virgo, the virgin and ends with Leo, the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

The ancient Egyptians designated the beginning of the heavenly series with Virgo when they constructed the sphinx, which stands to the east of the great pyramid of Giza. It shows a woman’s head on the body of a lion — indicating that the ancient star chart began with the virgin and ended with the lion. Prophetically, Virgo represents the First Coming of Christ, and Leo points to the Second Coming. The message begins at Bethlehem, and concludes with the return of Christ!

Act One of Three Acts

The story is divided into a three-act play. The first four major constellations and their sidepieces constitute Act One, and ends with Draco losing his lofty position in the northern polar region. Act Two covers the story found in Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces and Aries, and ends with Cetus (the sea monster) rising out of the sea. Act Three tells the story of Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and Leo, and concludes with Hydra (the many headed serpent) being destroyed.

The ancient star chart revolves around the story of the dispensation of Grace. There is nothing in the Zodiac about the Creation, Flood, Law, tabernacle, or temple. There is nothing in the stars to represent the great dispensations that preceded Bethlehem. The whole message woven throughout the ancient constellations gives us the dispensation of Grace. Act One tells about the Savior’s First Advent; Act Two covers the Church Age; and Act Three gives us His Second Coming.

Virgo

The constellation, Virgo, was given to represent God’s promise in Genesis 3:15. It was in Eden that God spoke to the beguiling serpent: “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed. It shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.”

The fact that the constellation is called a virgin reminds us of Isaiah 7:14: “Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name, Immanuel.”

The picture of Virgo is that of a woman with a shock of wheat in her left hand and a branch in her right hand. The brightest star in the constellation is located in the seed of the wheat. The star is called Spica, a Latin word meaning “the branch.” Along with the branch in her right hand, we are reminded of Isaiah 4:2: “In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious.”

In the Old Testament, our Savior is called “a rod of the stem of Jesse … a root out of dry ground.” And Zechariah called Him the “Branch.”

There are three sidereal sidepieces, which help to tell the story of Virgo, making a total of four constellations. There is Coma — the Virgin with her newborn son; Boötes — the great harvestman; and Centaurus — the archer.

Coma

The word Coma means “the desired,” for the child in the lap of his mother represents the desired one, the desire of women, the desire of all nations — the long awaited Messiah.

Isaiah offers another scripture that identifies this child. He wrote:

“Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

Yes, the virgin of Isaiah 7:14 bears a son, Immanuel — “God with us!”

Boötes

Boötes is pictured as a shepherd — bearing his rod, and as a harvestman — bearing his sickle. It is the Seed of the woman who will come to reap the great harvest. The word Boötes means, “the Coming One.” Another name for the Constellation was taken from a star in the left knee of the Shepherd. It was called Arcturus, which also means, “He cometh.”

Centaurus

In the ancient star chart, the Centaur is pictured as being half human and half horse. That, however, is not the original concept of the constellation. The name Centaurus simply means, “two natures.” Obviously, it referred to the fact that since the Seed of the woman was “virgin born,” he was not the seed of man. His two natures, then, represent a combination of humanity and deity. He is God clothed in human flesh and, therefore, can rightly be called Immanuel, which means “God with us.”

In Genesis 15, the story is given of Abraham and the covenant made by God with him. Genesis 15:5: “And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward the heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, so shall thy seed be.”

The message written in the stars refers to the “seed” of Abraham. The telling of the stars and the numbering of the stars presents a prophetic message of the coming Savior of the world. Jesus Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of that great message. Virgo and her attending sidereal sidepieces represent the beginning of an adventure to destroy the seed of the serpent and to rescue the human race.

In the 12th chapter of Revelation she is seen clothed in the sun with the moon under her feet, giving birth to the Messiah. This tells us that His birth was on Rosh Hashanah, a time when the constellation Virgo is hidden by the sun and the new moon appears beneath her feet! Virgo represents both the house of Israel and Mary.

Libra

The next major constellation is Libra. There are two ancient stories that emerge from this constellation. The first rendering of Libra was that of a lamp — indicative of the servant lamp in the menorah. Scorpio is shown in some ancient drawings as trying to seize the lamp. The lamp denotes the nature of the “seed of the woman,” being positioned just beneath the feet of Virgo. Scorpio wants the lamp for himself. Scorpio, as we shall see, represents the “seed of the serpent.” It is the first representation of the conflict between the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent.

In other cultures, Libra was depicted as a set of scales. Libra represented the condition of the human race after the fall of Adam. “Thou art weighed in the balances and art found wanting” (Dan. 5:27). The sign of Libra has been associated with justice and order throughout the centuries. For that reason, the symbol has often been used on buildings housing courts of law and justice.

This was the message given to Belshazzar, king of Babylon. In Daniel 5:27, Belshazzar failed to satisfy the righteous demands of God: “Thou art weighed in the balances and art found wanting.” Is that not also descriptive of the human race? We are all guilty before the great Judge.

There are two main stars in the sign of Libra, which tell the story of the prophecy. In one side of the scales, there is a star called Zuben Al Genubi. It means “the price which is deficient.” Undoubtedly, it points to the price which man might attempt to pay for redemption. There is no way one can obtain salvation through good works for the price is deficient.

On the other side of the scales, however, there is a star called Zuben Al Chemali, meaning “the price which covers.” It is a picture of the price paid by Christ for the redemption of the sinner.

The constellation, Libra, is attended by three sidereal sidepieces, which help to tell the story of the price of redemption.

Crux – The Southern Cross

The first of the three constellations related to Libra is a group of stars in the form of the Southern Cross. The ancient title is Crux. In the northern hemisphere, we cannot see the Southern Cross. It lies below the southern horizon. In the ancient star charts, by the way, the south always represented hell, and the north represented heaven. The constellation reveals the price that was paid by the seed of the woman in order to redeem mankind.....

- http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/lesson ... rs-part-1/

Please give the article a skim, there's more.

See what I mean, all that from a Christian website!? Look at how close they are to being mythicists - all they need is a nudge!?!? We cannot pass up this wonderful opportunity to share mythicism. It's as if they've been getting their information from Zeitgeist part 1 and then performing the standard Christian revisionism to it.

If anybody has any thoughts or ideas share 'em. We all need to join forces here and be a mythicist team. We need all hands on deck and get the ball rolling. Any thoughts on how best to approach this? We'll definitely need a well thought out, well done video.

The Mythicist Position