It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:25 pm 

Homer MakeDonski wrote:
Its my poor English,what makes troubles and too you dear Mriana,and for me.
I will try to express on some better way. I am sorry for it.

Well, I wasn't going to say that, because it's not your fault and you are still learning English. You are trying very hard to communicate in English and for that I commend you and therefore will make every effort to comprehend what you are trying to communicate. A second language is not easy to learn, esp the English language.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject: Thanks Homer
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:01 am 
Apollo

Homer MakeDonski wrote:
Dear Balu
Many thanks for your directions
Not only Hindu Trinities but about Hindu is interesting to me .
If I would have ten lives ,indeed as complete linguistic amateur,one of them will be spent for learning all about Hinduism
Following the rules of letters changing ,so fare via words possible meanings ,I have some parallels between my country name and it's Hindi parallel , like :
- Make Donia or Earth Mother ,where Make stands for Mother's and Donia
via dissonant form of D-Dz stem could stands for Earth
*Dzonia->*DzeMia-> *Zemia ->Zemja i.e. Earth
or
Make Donia meaning Mother Earth
compare with Ma ke Doonia meaning Mother's World in present Ordy language
- then m-b ,k-g ,d-v , changing providing another connection
Makedon-Magedon- Magavan -Bagavan or bhagavan ,again is about possessiveness

Homer had sent a PM to me asking for the source of the info that I had given saying that the M sound stands for Shiva in AUM. Well, this sent me on a bit of a search since I could not recollect immediately where I had come across it.

Homer, Most of the Indian/Sanskrit verses are more of sayings than writings. Normally for easy memorizing and understanding of concepts, verses are composed in a certain style with examples etc, so that the idea sticks easily in one's mind. So there will not be any particular text to which these verses may be traced back. The line in question is one such, which is found in ancient Sanskrit Shabda-koshas. (Literally a shabda-kosha means a treasury of sounds/words, a la dictionary).

In any case thanks to you, I found that I made an error. the M sound in OM stands for Brahma and not Shiva as I mentioned earlier. The full verse is as follows:

Akaro vishnurudhishta Ukarastu Maheshwarah|
Makarasthu smritho Brahma Pranavastu thrayasmakah||

Translation:

From the A sound emerges Vishnu and from the U, Maheshwara.
With the M sound is Brahma remembered, these three being the constituents of the Pranava.

(Pranava = Om in Sound/perceivable form )

To that extent, I stand corrected. Thanks again Homer.

Ekavarnam yatha dugdham binnavarnasu dhenushu | tataiva dharmavaichitryam tatvam ekam param smritam ||
Just as milk is of only one colour though obtained from cows of different colours so also the peculiarities of different religious thoughts lead to the same one ultimate truth - Mahabharatha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 pm 
Thor

You people are just wonderful ,all of you

Mostly I have came here to learn something from you,and I see I haven't mistaken

Thanks for all your contribution
Links you have posted Mr Bridger I found very interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:49 pm 
Thor

Dear Mriana

It is about the term what I have been looked foreword . And I have got it .It's called Henotheism and its explanation from the book I have by my free translation is:

"God at the Gospels used to be named with different names, as » The Sun «, » Heavenly«, and »The Storm « .Interesting that what ever name choice would be, God always has been worshiped as absolutely Lord of the World .That tradition is called henotheism. God has several different names ,just like Christians today has few names for God,but all of them does not means different Gods.These are just different terms for the only one God."

„History of religion“ group of authores ,Zagreb 1974 .....page 3.
With more details I have found even at wiki

http://74.125.39.104/search?q=cache:b9o ... =clnk&cd=1

Over my English I still remember, and I never forget when one of my net –friend opponents notes that he had very hard time to read and understand some parts of my texts. In my reply I have said that he is actually very lucky person, according to me because I used to be the one who is writing it. Hopeful from those times, I am doing better…for a bit even, and like you mention second language, ages, available spare time Couch. gods know what could happened if I haven leave abroad for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm 
Thor

Dear Balu

I wish that I could sort out my errors and my mistakes, what I am full with.

Sans AUM has reminded me on Macedonian Duma.
I have done some researches for Duma, I am afraid that is not enough

Macedonian

Skipping letter D

U -addicted to, into

Um –wits

MA –Goddesses of

Uma –sort of soil, land

Sans

Uma-Goddesses of

Now I can say that was so fare ...from now one, I have got M standing for Brahma,and a question Why M letter for Brahma ?

While ago when I have discovered b -> p changes ,and after reading of Acharya’s text over the Brahma-Abraham possibility , I was wondering and now even much more ,could it be that, there is a reason why M standing for Brahma

Brahma

B-p

*Prahma or *Pra (h) ma

Or neologism Pre Ma

*Prama in Macedonian

I have compared with the female name of Prvin where in my language

Prv stands for firs, Prvin for firstly, I do not know in Sans is it the same case?

If it is than “v-u” changes will lead us to vowel’s “u-e” changes of

*Pru –Pra-Pre

Pre Ma or Pre Mother in English

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 pm 
Thor

Lately, trough possible meaning of the word of Macedonia as Earth Mother I have compare with Hindi languages.
At the Google translate site I have choose English to Hindi translate
http://translate.google.com/#en%7Chi%7C ... ther%0A%0A
and typed these : World of Mother
What I've got is word
माँ की दुनिया
and its roman variant written as
Mām̐ kī duniyā
When I press the sound bottom for hearing of translation I have been amazed with what I have heard

Almost the very same pronounce as we do have
Makedonija with a hard "k,

Does it sound familiar ?

Conclusion are that :
Name of Macedonia with one of its meaning as Earth Mother
Make -Mother
Duma-*Dumia-Donia-*Dzonia-*Dzenia-*dZemia-Zemia-Zemja-i.e. Earth,

have got it's fully connection with today Hindi ,...
amazing
:)

Regards to every body

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm 
Bast

Very interesting post! Your bra from pra actually makes alot of sense and it says alot that it has not been considdered more often. I still believe that bra was originally separate from pra and from Prakrit bha and bho (powerful, the sun, divine light, existing, etc. related to bo-dhi-sattva and buddha, boddha and bauddha, awakened by light). The only evidences supporting the standard derivation from a reconstructed P.I.E. word meaning to swell is words like 'flare' , 'flavor' and 'blow' where the L = R as the Roman Flamen to Brahmin (elephanta from airavanta, Indra's elephant)

Also have you compared Macedon to Magadha to Magi as from MA-gadha? Gadha can mean fortress 'firm ground' as with the Buddhists (gadha-pada) and Jesus' house on high ground. Whatever the case Macedon meaning "tall people" makes little sense and the Magadhan and Macedonian empires have much in common such as the Buddhist Mauryans, who overtook Magadha and Alexander's beloved peacock.

Like the Greeks and many, if not all, cultures, invented etymologies when the history of their words became unknown. The Brahmins did this with Krshna (plow, from krs, later "black") the same goes with their Om, or Aum. The same root is seen in our word Umbilical which was first the Greek OMphalas, or navel, also from Sans nibha (cog. nave Sans. prthivi-nabhi) om-bala said of the fig tree at the center of the Indian universe, similar witht the omphalas . Thanks to the Gothic Buddhists we also have the word OMbudsman. Showing this was from a dialect closer to the Pali of the Buddhists than the Sanskrit of the Brahmins is that many Gothic words are equal to the Pali, such as Goth- Bobbel from Pali Bubbula (Sans. budbuda, or our "bud"), a word the western Buddhist missionaries used to represent the instability of the world.

I do not doubt that Acharya may be onto something when she asks if the Egyptian Amon is related to the amen in the earliest gospels. As always I see a pattern of Sanskrit words becoming western names, such as with Prometheus which I claim is from Sans. pra-mathas, the matha is the Vedic cream (ghrita christos, and ghata names for Agni and Buddha) rising to the top. It appears that in the newly discovered kharosthi Buddhist texts the OM was used as a righteous interjection similar to the amen in the gospels and later placed before Christian formulas as the Buddhists placed it before and after theirs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 am 
Apollo

Homer,

While the phrase macedonia and ma ki duniya sound strikingly similar, it could very well be a coincidence. This is because the Hindi that is spoken today (what you have seen in google translate) is no more than 700 - 800 years old and has substantial influence of and borrowed words from Persian, Urdu etc due to Islamic rule in North India. It is a language that evolved out of the regional languages like Punjabi, Avadhi, Rajasthani, Brijbhasha etc, duly "purified" by the Brahmins through the normal process of Sanskritisation that every Indian language has gone through. The Hindi with more influence of Arabic and Persian (also called Farsi) went on to become the language called Urdu.

Regarding the word dunia itself, I am not even sure whether it is of Sans origin. The Sans word for the earth is Dhara or Dharini meaning "one who bears" or Dharitri meaning one who carries everything (like weight). The Hindi word Dharti for earth is definitely from this but I can't say the same for dunia. maybe even the English word Terra could have its origin in Dhara.

She is also called Bhoomi or Prithvi and surprisingly Gau. Gau or Gow in later day Sans means a cow. But Indian literature have always treated the cow as equal to the earth and therefore by inference equal to mother. Possibly the Egyptian word for earth, Gaia is related to this.

On this subject what do you think of the Biblical Magdalene? Doesn't it sound like another take off of Magadha?

Homer MakeDonski wrote:
Lately, trough possible meaning of the word of Macedonia as Earth Mother I have compare with Hindi languages.
At the Google translate site I have choose English to Hindi translate
http://translate.google.com/#en%7Chi%7C ... ther%0A%0A
and typed these : World of Mother
What I've got is word
माँ की दुनिया
and its roman variant written as
Mām̐ kī duniyā
When I press the sound bottom for hearing of translation I have been amazed with what I have heard

Almost the very same pronounce as we do have
Makedonija with a hard "k,

Does it sound familiar ?

Conclusion are that :
Name of Macedonia with one of its meaning as Earth Mother
Make -Mother
Duma-*Dumia-Donia-*Dzonia-*Dzenia-*dZemia-Zemia-Zemja-i.e. Earth,

have got it's fully connection with today Hindi ,...
amazing
:)

Regards to every body

Ekavarnam yatha dugdham binnavarnasu dhenushu | tataiva dharmavaichitryam tatvam ekam param smritam ||
Just as milk is of only one colour though obtained from cows of different colours so also the peculiarities of different religious thoughts lead to the same one ultimate truth - Mahabharatha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 am 
Bast

Dear Balu,

Great comments! "She is called Bhoomi {or earth}". I think you are correct about Sans. dhar later becpmming Hindi for eath, I am sure it first meant "holding" (Darius, dharma, etc.. from the aspirate-dha).

Regarding Mary Magdalene and Magadha, @ JesusisBuddha.com Dr. Christian Lindtner convincingly shows her relation to Magadha.

"Among the women in the life of the Buddha, Amrapâli, the courtesan (ganikâ) of Vaisalî, plays almost exactly the same role as does the "sinner" Mary Magdalene in the life of Jesus. In the later Christian legend (Jacobus de Voragine), this Mary is reported to have been buried in the VEZELAY monastery, in Burgundy - an unmistakable echo of the monastery that Amrapâli of VAISALI long ago presented to the Buddha and his monks.
Since nearly everything else that is reported in the Gospels about this woman can be traced back to the Sanskrit, there can remain no further doubt about the original Buddhist source of Mary Magdalene. She, too, like Simon Peter, is but a Buddhist in Christian disguise. One among the many enigmatic locations in the Gospels, is Magadan, only mentioned by Matthew 15:39. Speculatively, theologians have suggested that this may be an error for Magdala, and, going on with their speculations, they have imagined that this was the place from where Mary Magdalene must have come.

But in the light of the Buddhist sources the old crux of Magadan finally finds its natural solution. The ghost land of Magadan was originally the land of Magadha, in India, from where the Buddha set out on his last journey to Kusinagarî. On his way he met Amrapâli-ganikâ. Later, the evangelists transformed her into Mary Magdalene, just as Kusinagarî was translated into Jerusalem. Matthew retained the original Magadha almost unchanged,as Magadan, whereas Mark covered the original entirely up behind the equally obscure locality of Dalmanutha. Matthew says that Jesus got into a boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan. For obvious reasons he is silent about where the boat sailed"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 am 

Very fascinating stuff about Mary Magdalene. Thanks.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:20 am 
Apollo

Dan

Dhara's first meaning is definitely to hold,uphold, stabilize etc. In a different sense it also means to wear. For example Krishna is often referred to as peethambharadhari meaning one who wears yellow clothes. Perhaps the English word 'dress' also has its origins there.

Quote:
As always I see a pattern of Sanskrit words becoming western names, such as with Prometheus which I claim is from Sans. pra-mathas, the matha is the Vedic cream (ghrita christos, and ghata names for Agni and Buddha) rising to the top

I agree with you. words like Theo -Deva, Helios-suriya, Deupiter/Jupiter - Devapitra, Titan - Daityan etc are all too obvious examples. In the gospels I remember reading the name of a high priest called Kaiappa or some such thing. Don't you think its a take off of Kashyapa, a prominent personality in both Vedic and Buddhist literature?

Thanks for showing the similarity between Vezelay and Vaishali. Who do you think in Christianity is the corresponding character for Ajatashatru, the lover of Amrapali? If ever you get a chance to see the Hindi film Amrapali, don't miss it.

Here are the song sequences of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEGjRr6tXZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOaTT1Mc ... re=related

DanHopkins wrote:
Dear Balu,

Great comments! "She is called Bhoomi {or earth}". I think you are correct about Sans. dhar later becpmming Hindi for eath, I am sure it first meant "holding" (Darius, dharma, etc.. from the aspirate-dha).

Regarding Mary Magdalene and Magadha, @ JesusisBuddha.com Dr. Christian Lindtner convincingly shows her relation to Magadha.

"Among the women in the life of the Buddha, Amrapâli, the courtesan (ganikâ) of Vaisalî, plays almost exactly the same role as does the "sinner" Mary Magdalene in the life of Jesus. In the later Christian legend (Jacobus de Voragine), this Mary is reported to have been buried in the VEZELAY monastery, in Burgundy - an unmistakable echo of the monastery that Amrapâli of VAISALI long ago presented to the Buddha and his monks.
Since nearly everything else that is reported in the Gospels about this woman can be traced back to the Sanskrit, there can remain no further doubt about the original Buddhist source of Mary Magdalene. She, too, like Simon Peter, is but a Buddhist in Christian disguise. One among the many enigmatic locations in the Gospels, is Magadan, only mentioned by Matthew 15:39. Speculatively, theologians have suggested that this may be an error for Magdala, and, going on with their speculations, they have imagined that this was the place from where Mary Magdalene must have come.

But in the light of the Buddhist sources the old crux of Magadan finally finds its natural solution. The ghost land of Magadan was originally the land of Magadha, in India, from where the Buddha set out on his last journey to Kusinagarî. On his way he met Amrapâli-ganikâ. Later, the evangelists transformed her into Mary Magdalene, just as Kusinagarî was translated into Jerusalem. Matthew retained the original Magadha almost unchanged,as Magadan, whereas Mark covered the original entirely up behind the equally obscure locality of Dalmanutha. Matthew says that Jesus got into a boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan. For obvious reasons he is silent about where the boat sailed"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 am 
Bast

Dear Balu,

You asked if I see any of the main Kassapas, or the Buddhist Maha-Kassappas in the gospels and the answer is yes in as much as he was a Brahmin who left Brahmin rituals for Buddha just as Jesus' Jewish disciples left the rituals of Judaism for Jesus. By the way the Brahimins secretly cherrish Buddha in much the same ways the Jews do Jesus. When some Germans tried to claim Jesus as their own there was a big uproar within the Jewish community.

Also, did you know that even the ancient historians believed Kassapa to be the same word as Caspian. This also says alot about the legendary Kassapa of Kashmir. I believe the radical part of this word is found in words like kassaya, the Buddhist robes that signify suffering (dhota, but here kasa) just as Jesus bloody robe. Legend has it that the Buddha put this robe on his head for six years in which is represented the weight of the world. I believe the gospel authors knew this as kassaya is also a thorny bush (crown of thorns).

Aho vaidagdhyam !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:38 am 
Apollo

DanHopkins wrote:
Dear Balu,

You asked if I see any of the main Kassapas, or the Buddhist Maha-Kassappas in the gospels and the answer is yes in as much as he was a Brahmin who left Brahmin rituals for Buddha just as Jesus' Jewish disciples left the rituals of Judaism for Jesus. By the way the Brahimins secretly cherrish Buddha in much the same ways the Jews do Jesus. When some Germans tried to claim Jesus as their own there was a big uproar within the Jewish community.

Also, did you know that even the ancient historians believed Kassapa to be the same word as Caspian. This also says alot about the legendary Kassapa of Kashmir. I believe the radical part of this word is found in words like kassaya, the Buddhist robes that signify suffering (dhota, but here kasa) just as Jesus bloody robe. Legend has it that the Buddha put this robe on his head for six years in which is represented the weight of the world. I believe the gospel authors knew this as kassaya is also a thorny bush (crown of thorns).

Aho vaidagdhyam !

Yes, I know about Caspio and Kashyapa-mira, the lake of Kashyapa which became Kashmir. Incidentally I myself belong to the clan of Kashyapas. I presume you are aware of the gothra system that exists in India.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:16 am 
Bast

Dear Balu,

Regarding Ajatasatru and if he is found in the gospels, the gospels being short and quick (a key to spreading any myth), all of the Buddhist characters cannot be found in Christianity. But these characters essentially are the same. The Pali texts record that Ajatasatru could not achieve liberation (because he took the throne by killing his father) while some Mahayana texts count him among the enlightened; this is paralleled to the Judas of the four gospels and the Gnostic Judas, whose character, in my opinion, most resembles Devadatta among other Buddhist scapegoats.

Yes I am familiar with the gotra system. The word first meant cow-stable (go-tra) and as Buddha was born into the Gautamo gotra. I see Jesus’ birth in a manger as allegory for his being Gautama which can also double as a lamb. Also, the Buddha completely changes the meaning to Gotra, where it once stood for a particular family the Buddha uses Gotra to mean those who loose their racial identity in knowledge (Gotra-bhu-nana). The word gotra is also related to the Sanskrit word gote meaning presents given to a baby at birth, such as it was recorded about Jesus and first the Buddha. But before it was shortened to gotra, in the Laws of Menu, this word appears to have been equivalent, in some ways, to the modern day use of the word Aryan, although the Buddha uses it contrary to the modern use of Aryan when he states that those who follow him will loose their name & clan (nama-gotra) as rivers loose their identity when entering the ocean. But also we see the Buddhists call those who lost their racial or tribal identity in the Sakya (Buddha) Gotra-bhu which means ‘born from God, or divine light’.

Those who guarded the sacred fire invoked (huta, said to form Gothic Guthan) their Gotra (here meaning clan), in the name of their fathers there libation was believed to have been carried to heaven by Agni, or fire, which their fathers originally kindled, hence Buddha and then Jesus, after Agni, where also known as match-heads.

By the way, do you have an opinion on the etymology of Banaras, or Benares which was first Kasi?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:45 am 
Thor

O Lord , please do not let me away
from these forum
for another two years